Theme Generator, Mark II

Yeah did not notice the 2 changes but was rushing through it before work so why I missed them, good spot though. Will grab the new version after work tonight.

I figured there must have been a change to the file :slight_smile:

I updated my modified generator: Roon v1.8 Theme Generator v1.12 - Antdroid Edition - Google Sheets

1 Like

Can someone post a new updated monochromatic dark theme please?

You just need to add two additional lines to the colors file.

Look for the line atom-bluebg-noalpha and add atom-blugebg-noalpha-classical beneath it. Set the hex value to the same for both, i.e. copy the hex value from atom-bluebg-noalpha

Add a new line at the end of the file as follows:

album-dimlayer

Again, copy the hex value from the layer above (I.e. the dimlayer hex value).

For example, for one of my light themes, I now have the following additional lines:

atom-bluebg-noalpha-classical #888888

and,

album-dimlayer #70%181818

6 Likes

One of the easiest things to do it to open your previous color file and the new one in a text editor in separate windows side by side and go through line by line. I noticed some of the section breaks are different but ultimately i donā€™t think this matters.

Nope, the section breaks and comments donā€™t matter, nor does the order (as best I can tell).

Your advice above to add those two lines worked best. Thank you!

1 Like

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @DaveN !

1 Like

A gentle bump for the @moderators - is it possible to make the first post in this thread editable so I can update it?

There are some Dark Theme propositions (like your firebrick lightā€¦ but with background dark) ?

I did produce a set of dark themes that I shared at the start of this thread. If you want to use them youā€™ll need to add two extra lines at the end of the colors files as follows:

atom-bluebg-noalpha-classical #242424
album-dimlayer #70%181818

Adding those lines will ensure that the themes I created are compatible with the latest version of Roon.

1 Like

Many thanks David. The corrections are done.
The work done is already huge. :+1:
I donā€™t dare to ask if the Theme generator will integrate some Darkside base models?

Iā€™m thinking about creating one at some point over the next few weeks. Watch this space :slight_smile:

Thanks for the effort @DaveN
I recently upgraded to 1.8 and the theme generator helped a lot to get a nicer look :+1:

1 Like

Mate, this tool is the best I found on 2021. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

This is still on my to do list, but I havenā€™t got around to it yet. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Just a quick note to say that the theme generator seems to be working OK with Roon 1.8 (build 806).

CORRECTION: there are three new lines is the colors file that seem to be causing problems for some people. Iā€™ll update the generator when I have a bit of time.

2 Likes

My theme crashesā€¦ what are the 3 lines to addā€¦ or modify? Pleaseā€¦