Thinking of Roon Lifetime ? Read this

Good to know. None of my stuff would.

That’s what I thought but I bought the lifetime before my trial ended.

It’s been a little over 5 years since that day… I’m still using Roon. Only thing different is I have incorporated HQPlayer into the signal path.

2 Likes

I clicked the five year mark last week. Time flies, and the lifetime subscription is now in the black.

8 Likes

Also recently passed 5 year mark. No regrets.

3 Likes

I started with Roon last year and like it.

Life is out of the question with the price being as it is.
For Roon having raised the price can be win or loss for me, depending on how long i will use their service.
In the event of a price raise of annual, i will be evaluating Roon’s value and stay or leave.

The breakeven for Roon on life or annual in my case is uncertain for Roon as well, but i guess nobody at Roon will loose sleep over it.

Good luck with that one! Where do you think it’s going to come from?

I’ve considered the lifetime subscription, but perhaps I’m afraid of a commitment like that.

For most of my services, I pay month-to-month, as opposed to annually.

Sure, annual payments would save me money (in most cases), but I feel compelled to pay monthly because I live day-to-day.

1 Like

With Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect and even Qobuz going in that direction , I wouldn’t bother.

At this point it time ,based on what going on with music services, I would have never pulled the trigger on the lifetime sub I purchased years ago

Spotify HD will be amazing when it comes out and the recommendations and music discovery is incredible. Far better than Roon’s recommendations. And Spotify’s interface is super fast.

3 Likes

A lifetime pay-off period is far shorter than it seems. We moved to a different city four years ago and that time has passed in what feels more like one year. A one-off payment is long forgotten while personally I feel the pain of a recurring payment far more. I only wish I’d discovered Roon in the $499 days :slight_smile:. Different strokes for different folks. Glad there are both options so that we can make our own decisions.

Next step is national acceptance of the four-day working week, so one full day can be dedicated to listening :pray:

6 Likes

I bought it when it was 499 but would never do so now considering Spotify’s advance into cd quality this year.

Check! Your entire post could have been written by me!

1 Like

I’m torn between the streaming services as well, because, while I love how Roon can be a great tool for synergizing all of the noteworthy streamers — it’s just another recurring fee.

I have Amazon HD (from my Prime services), Spotify (with a student discount), and TIDAL Hi-Fi (also with a student discount), so it adds up fast.

I’ve read quite a few things about what’s to be expected for Spotify’s entry into Hi-Fi, and admittedly I’m hopeful that it’ll be all-encompassing. I mean, a monopolization of this market isn’t ideal, but you’re right, they do a great job in terms of the overall user experience.

I hear ya!
And one main reason why after the trial I went for just a years sub as this streaming lark is moving FAST!
Which reminds me …my renewal is due on APRIL16TH but no email from Roon yet reminding me or warning me which I thought was supposed to happen at least 3 days prior??

Not that I am worried as the card I used is no longer active so no money is going anywhere without my say so!

Once you see a lifetime subscription as a sunk cost, you stop bothering - this is what I did with no regrets.

4 Likes

Don’t think of it as a commitment but more of a, possibly, very very expensive honeymoon! :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t buy Roon lifetime to stream. I have a modest library of about 3k albums. I bought Roon because of it’s multiroom capabilities. I later added Qobuz which has been the cherry on top. Now I’m past the payback so it was a good investment.

2 Likes

@danny

Please eliminate the Roon Lifetime subscription option sooner rather than later!

Then we can quit having threads about how much the option costs and is it worth it and go straight the threads about how terrible Roon is for getting rid of the option. Those threads are coming either way…

I’m surprised it hasn’t been terminated…with a quarter-million Roon subscriptions, I’d a thought it would have been long gone by now.

How do you know there is 250k subscribers?

This post is from the Roon COO