"This track is not currently available" TIDAL error message

Occasionally, I get this also. I think it’s a network problem, but not necessarily an inter-network problem. I have noticed it while doing intra-network file transfers.

I get this occasionally and, for me, it has always been something to do with my own home network. I reduced my own instances by 80% when I got rid of my power line devices and got a mesh wireless network.
When I get it now I reboot the mesh.
Roon seems to be much more sensitive to home network issues than some other streamers, especially over wireless.

Stopped happening to me. So apparently it is some kind of network issue. But very odd - it’s the only symptom. Everything else, including playback over Roon, is working fine. Maybe it is an issue with the specific connection-path being used at the specific timTidal servers.

In my setup it happens when Roon loses primacy over the output or end point - so for example
If my son suddenly jumps on chromecast via his device and I am on Roon about to do the same - it suddenly freezes or skips Tidal tracks- in that instance you have two options go back to Roon and try another endpoint - might skip say a a five tidal tracks and then appears Roon will at some stage appear to be in sync or a simple reboot of the NUC always does the trick.

1 Like

Hi
I live in the States and have a Roon Core running on Win10 on an Lenovo TS140 with out any thing else running and have a Spectrum 100 MBPS connection and Roon Core connected to a GBPS network. I was getting this error today. I followed one advice from this long thread and logged out of Tidal and logged back in and it resolved the issue.

Ahmed