"This track is not currently available" TIDAL error message

After updating yesterday evening the message did not come up. The music still takes some time to load from Tidal and sometimes, when the delays were long, I was prompted to select an audio zone, even though I had been playing music in that particular room all along.

I had that issue to thought it was my Uniti Atom playing up so maybe not. Also it seems to start and and then pause for some seconds then resumes.

Yes, and I notice I can induce the stopping/starting by suddenly switching to the next track. It typically plays 2 seconds, stops and then jumps back to zero and replays. It’s all a bit disconcerting.

Well that is mystifying. I’d love to be able to contribute to this thread with continued troubleshooting, but I had to send my NUC back on warranty. My new one will arrive in a few days and I don’t want to bother setting up a new COR in the meantime. I’ll chime back in when my new ROCK is setup.

I wonder about this myself. I often notice that it takes my system 1-4 seconds to start playing a song from Tidal. I have a i3 NUC running ROCK on a hardwired system with Fios 100mbs internet. Should I not expect songs to play more immediately?

All — Again, many thanks for your continued feedback and patience. As mentioned before, we are aware of how frustrating these types of issues can prove to be and we appreciate everyone’s willingness to work with us and provide feedback. On behalf of the support team, “thank you!”

We have done significant testing in our QA lab and we are still not able to consistently reproduce this issue. We may still find a bug in Roon, or we may be able to implement a workaround or improve our handling once we understand this situation, but we increasingly believe this may be related to environmental factors. A better understanding of the issue, and any environmental factors that may be contributing, is a requirement for us to make progress on this behavior

Below you will find a survey that we are going to be using to gather additional details about the affected environments, for analysis/evaluation by our tech staff. At your earliest convenience would you kindly fill it out and let us know once you are done.

Roon Labs Investigation: “TIDAL track not available”

Please ONLY fill out this survey if you are receiving the “Track Not Available” TIDAL error message during playback. If you are having a different issue (like log in issues or dropouts) please let us know on Community and do not submit information using the survey linked above.

Again, many thanks!
-Eric

Survey filled out
Actually the problem got worse. Often when I start an album nothing happens… no error but it seems roon does not connect to tidal at all. I have no issues playing tidal albums from BluOs so that’s what I’m using now… sorry Roon.
I’ll be back once you fixed it.

Same here. Worse yet, it locks up my PC. I am so frustrated with Tidal I removed it from Roon. It was ruining my music experience that I have with Roon.

So it had to go. I only listen to Tidal now through their app with no problems at all.

— MD

@Eric - I’ve filled out the form and submitted it. However, the form does not ask how often we experience this issue. In my case, it’s extremely rare - perhaps less than once a week? When it strikes, I may experience it on a couple of tracks in the course of the next few minutes, but then it disappears again…

I realise that this makes it very difficult to track down, but thought I should be complete in describing the issue.

1 Like

I can mirror @Geoff_Coupe’s experiences – I’ve been listening to Tidal/MQA almost exclusively over the last two weeks. It pops up once or twice a day at most and in every case recovers when redoing Play Album. The other 99% of Tidal listening is problem free.

If I got it that infrequently, I’d call it fixed and forget about it!

I get the error many, many times every day. I can always reproduce it on demand, by going to one of a couple of albums/playlists that dependably cause the error when I play track #1.

I have worked out that I can can all but completely eliminate the error by connecting my core/Rock directly to my PS Audio DirectStream DAC via USB, instead of using my DAC’s Ethernet playback as I normally do. That comes with some compromises on sound quality and other conveniences, but it’s good to know that it’s there.

Happy to make available for screen share if that would be helpful.

–Matthew

1 Like

Filled in, I have no way to directly connected end points to core other than through eop.

Filled the form.

I get it every night, maybe 50% of tracks I try to play. Sometimes it skips to the next track; sometimes no play at all. Sometimes I can click again on the intended track and it will play; sometimes not. Generating play with “play now” often gets the track to play, but only for one track. Happens almost every time I toggle between multiple versions of the same TIDAL album to see which one is MQA.

@support Any update? I understand you’ve been aware of this issue since December. But Roon just isn’t usable for me, and it’s putting a little bit of frustration and disappointment into my life every single day. If a resolution isn’t forthcoming, I need to move on to something else. Thanks.

I had the same issues when running ROCK. Changing to MacMini w/Roon Server solved all my problems. Have not had a single failure since!

It’s well over a week since I had this issue (and I’ve been playing TIDAL albums daily), but it struck once again this afternoon. Interestingly, I had a “TIDAL login failure” message immediately before. I retried the login, apparently successfully, and then the first album started playing. After the first track, I suddenly got a message that the whole album had been deleted. Restarted the album, and it’s been playing normally ever since.

I’ve also experienced this problem from time to time as well.

Still happening for me but not as often. Although last night could not get the first track of an album to play at all. Changed my DNS settings to Google and it then played.

I experienced this issue in the past obviously (I’m the OP), but recently started my entire Roon setup from scratch since my database crashed/failed. I replaced my i3NUC, RAM, and SSD hard drive all under separate warranty claims with the manufacturers. It was a lengthy process. I finally got my ROCK set up yesterday and listened to a few hours of music over three days and experienced the error twice. Just posting to note that even with completely brand new hardware and a brand new database, the issue persists. I’ll fill out the survey soon.

Completed the survey.
It seems pretty random, cant pin it down to any particular combination of things.
It only happens via Roon, if I play the album via the Tidal app, there is no problem.