Tidal album art not updating when adding to library

Hi! I’ve a slight issue with tidal album art.

When adding them to my library ( via tidal in roon itself ),
All I get is a place holder ( generic ) image. Some of the
Art gets updated but only after a day or 2. I’ve tried it via my ipad / iphone and it remains the same.

I’ve also cleared the cache ( on my remote and core ), identitied the album and restarted my core multiple times and it remains the same.

When I click on " go to tidal " version , the album art shows up just fine, but when i browse it within my library all I see is the placeholder image.

Will reinstalling roon help? I’m alittle hesitant as I’m a tad bit lazy to add all my music again as it is stored over a few HDDs.

Image added for reference.

Hi @Wilfred_Wong ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, may I very kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. Are you by chance still seeing the “spinner” in the top right hand corner of the Roon interface?

3. If you go into the “services” tab (found under “settings”) and you click the “edit” button next to TIDAL what do you see? A screenshot would be a big help.

-Eric

Hi!

I’m running a basic Lenovo IdeaPad 500 as core, with 2 x 4tb HDD connected for my non-tidal ( ie flac / dsd ) music.

Basic windows 10 home, 64 bit. 4 gig ram with i7-6500 cpu. Connected via wireless to my router.

I’m running a Sotm Sms-200 that is streaming my music. It is connected via a 500 Mbps homeplug. No issues steaming both HDD based or tidal based music other than the album art.

The spinner does not spin at the Top right.

This is what I see @ the edit button next to tidal.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Wilfred_Wong ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback!

Moving forward, I would like to grab some logs from you to see if we can determine what is causing this behavior to occur. May I very kindly ask you to please perform the following:

• Very Important — Please try to add a TIDAL album (let us know which one) to your library and note the time when it is added but the artwork does not appear.

• After the issue has been replicated and the time has been noted, please use these instructions to send us a set of Roon logs from your core device.

-Eric