TIDAL and Qobuz tracks sometimes stop playing

I do have the same problem. It helps to log out of tidal or cobuz.

But the problem wiłl be back after one or two days

Hi @Gert_Kaae_Hansen

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this happen for all endpoints? How often do you see tracks skip?

• Tracks are often skipptet manly from Qobuz and Tidal but can happen on my local files also
  • If i play 2-3 hours it happens one to two times
  • I did start to run my Roon core on my Intel NUC, but there i did see that same, where audio files randomly stops playing. I did then move my core to a server that i have running as as wm, but here my roon core did ran out of memory often. I then moved my Roon core on a dedicated hardware, and here it is running best.
  • We do see the same problems where live radio streams also stops playing. If i use VLC to play the same live radio stream it can play a whole day with any stops

My setup

• Core machine I5 with 8 gb ram running Ubuntu 18,04,5 LTS kernal GNU/Linux 4.15.0-142-generic x86_64

• Intel NUC Intel(R) Core™ i5-7260U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz

• Intel Core i5 with Truenas installed to store all my local files

• All running Roone 1,8 (790)

• My router is a Unifi USG, i do have 3 x Unifi switches between my Remote and My roon core and my NAS. I did run performance tests on my network and i did not see any issues. ( I am a internet provider i our area, and have build both my local network and the network that serves all our local customers)

• Yamaha a-s801 where i use the ASIO USB dac to play my music. My wife are using different chromecasts and they have the same issue

• I have 11,9K local music files all stored in FLAC

Similar problem. Running Roon Core on a Wyred4Sound MS1 (i3 CPU).

The MS1 is connected directly to the router via two NETGEAR Gb unmanaged switches.

Cable modem/router → CAT6A → 4 port NETGEAR Gb switch → CAT6 → 8-port NEATGEAR Gb switch in A/V console → CAT6 → MS1.

The MS1 is connected to a Matrix Audio X-Saber (MQA) DAC via USB and IIS ports.

In the case of MQA cuts, at some point during the listening session the track will start skipping. With Qobuz hires tracks they simply stop and lock up Roon: “Nothing Playing” displayed in the bottom play bar in Roon. I typically have to exit and restart Roon to resume listening.

No problems with 44/16 FLAC files sourced from the streaming services or internal drive on the MS1.

If I run the Tidal and Qobuz apps on a MacBook Pro connected to the same ethernet cable and the same USB port on the DAC everything decodes and plays flawlessly. So it looks like something specific to Roon, or Roon running on the MS1.

Various network speed tests show at least 400Mb download speeds at this LAN connection (cable connected to MS1) and I’m streaming 4k video and multi-channel sound through the same network switch without any problems. The A/V system and the stereo are never in use at the same time.

Love Roon, but I would like to be able to utilize its capabilities and enjoy hires content from at least one of these streaming services.