Tidal breaks and crackling noise

@support
Has a solution been found to the crackling noises - reminiscent of a dirty LP - and the sudden spluttering shutdowns (accompanied by the message that Tidal is loading slowly or that a connectivity problem is involved)?
In my case, the breaks are sporadic (and seemingly program dependent?), the crackling pretty much constant, though not always obtrusive. There is also some ‘pulsing’ as another listener noted.
Switching to Tidal gives fautless audio …
I include a print screen of an album recently affected by the sputtering/break phenomenon.
Thanks for your help

Hi @edward_swiderski,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you disable DSP does the same behavior occur?

Do you hear the same thing when playing to a different endpoint?

Hi Dylan,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Hopefully, the following is the answer to your query:

1. A recent Asus laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit
  2. North Star Desige ‘Venti’ DAC 768kHz-32bir DSD
  3. I use Wifi
  4. I have not so far activated DSP
  5. Not sure what ‘different endpoint’ means. There is one system in front of which I put my feet up, choose my sounds, and delectate.
  6. In Roon, there is only Tidal (for the moment at least)

Are these givens of any help?

edward

Correction to 4 above. Of course, I have activated DSP - upsamplling.
Undoing has no effect on the cracklng.

Hi @edward_swiderski,

Can you elaborate a bit on exactly what networking hardware you’re using here? Additionally, as mentioned in our Networking Guide, we recommend that you connect your Core machine to the network via Ethernet for optimal performance. If you connect via Ethernet instead of WiFi is there any improvement?

Instead of playing to the DAC mentioned above, can you play directly to system output? Is there any change when doing so?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.