TIDAL ceases to play

This happens to me as well. Also noticed that when all TIDAL ceases to play, and Roon cannot load anything from Tidal, the TIDAL library shows as syncing under Services->Tidal. This happens on my Mac and iPhone. Solution so far is to log out and log in again into Tidal or delete Cache and restart Roon Core on my Synology NAS. Either of which is not optimal.

What other info do you need to troubleshoot this issue? Clearly lot of users are facing this or similar issues with Tidal integration.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @zenyatta80,

I’ve split your post into it’s own thread so I can better assist you.

1. Can you please provide some more information regarding your network setup? What is the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

2. How often does this issue occurs? Once a week? Once a day?

3. Can you please try this procedure and let me know if it changes anything?

• Log out of TIDAL
  • Perform a full reboot of your Core
  • Log back into TIDAL
  1. Roon Core running on Synology DS918+
    Sky Q Hub Router
    Roon Client is Mac/iPhone/Android Tablet - the issue occurs on all clients

2. It happens randomly whenever Tidal Library starts to sync while Roon is playing

3. Logging out of Tidal, deleting cache etc. fixes the issue

Hi @zenyatta80,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, this may temporarily fix the issue, but I am more interested to know if the above procedure fixes the issue permanently. Could you please give this a try?

My Tidal library has been syncing since yesterday and the issue is currently on.

I will perform the above steps and let you know.

1 Like

Hello @zenyatta80,

We’ve just released Roon Build 536 which includes changes that we believe will help improve things here. Please give Roon an update on all of your devices and let us know if you still have any trouble!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.