Tidal constantly syncing [Resolved]

@support

I’m having an issue where Tidal appears to be in a constant state of syncing as viewed in the services window. The text indicates “syncing now” but the is no spinning circle indication that the library is actually syncing. I also can’t add albums by making them favorites in the Tidal app.

I’ve deleted the cache folder, restarted RoonServer and the host computer (Mac), logged out of Tidal in Roon, but no change in behavior.

I am able to add an album from Tidal from within the Roon app, but can’t delete the tracks. Attempts to delete the tracks results in an error message indicating that the file is not found or that I don’t have permission to delete. A restart of RoonServer deletes the files as expected. Behavior is repeated for every Tidal album added to Roon.

Since I run RoonServer headless, this is not a lot of fun to troubleshoot. If it is any help, the Tidal integration with Roon seems to have gotten “buggier” in my installation since the most recent update. I’ve had issues with Tidal albums skipping tracks and network error messages that I’ve not had before.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know what I can do to fix.

BW

Hi @Bob_Worley ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated and sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, can you verify if you have added any playlists with over 1000 tracks to Roon? Furthermore, can you please provide me with the details of your setup, using this link as a guide.

-Eric

Thanks for your quick response.

Largest playlist is 135 tracks. All playlists are imported from Tidal.

Roon Version: 1.3, build 262
Core device: Mac mini (late 2014), 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 240 GB Solid State SATA drive
Music storage: External 1 TB USB Disc, attached to core
Collection Size: 175,469 tracks

Hope this helps!

BW

Syncing behavior appears to be back to normal this morning. I always hesitate to report minor issues like this because I don’t know whether they are on the Roon, Tidal or my side of he stream. Also figure that you folks have been super at improving your product with updates and any small issues tend to disappear in future releases.

Thanks for your help and sorry to be a bother.

BW

1 Like