TIDAL experiencing slow performance

would like to chip in as well. I have exactly the same issue at the moment. ( Tidal was fine yesterday ). My Flac and DSD files stream quickly. It’s only Tidal that’s having issues as of now.

When i click on a song / album, it either takes more than 15 seconds to play or doesn’t play at all.

Internet is fine ( The Tidal app itself streams immediately ).

I’ve cleared cache as well but the same problem is cropping up.

On sonic transporter as well with the latest firmware.

Hey @Wilfred_Wong,

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Just to verify, this is the first time you’ve experienced this type of behavior? Have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Have you tried giving Google DNS a try? We’ve seen similar reports improved by using it.

Thanks,
Dylan

@dylan, yep this is the first time indeed.

I’ve rebooted my core as well. Google DNS has already been set ( 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 etc )

• what version of Roon you are running - > Roon Version 1.5 (build 339), 64 bit
  • What operating system you are running - > Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
  • Basic information about the device you’re using - > Windows 10, 16 Gb Ram, Intel i5-4690, 3.5 ghz, Geforce1080 GPU
  • Describe where your music is stored – 2 x 4 TB external HDDs ( issue is with Tidal now though, all stored media plays fine )
  • Let us know your collection size -58,000+ tracks

My Ultrarendu is connected to a homeplug, Roon Core is in the same room but connected via ethernet, modem is located downstairs. internet speed in my room is 95mbps up / down.

I tried playing roon directly on my computer as well with my Topping D7Xs DAC connected and Tidal displayed the same issues.

The Tidal app itself however did not display any anomalies.

Thanks, @Wilfred_Wong!

If you log out of TIDAL in Roon and log back in is there any change?

Can you give a little more info on your network? What networking hardware is in use?

Thanks,
Dylan

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL performance in Roon is slow