TIDAL in Roon shows "Nothing Playing" but albums are visible

Got similar problem here with Tidal.

I switched from Qobuz earlier this week and qobus was working perfectly. After removing qobuz and logging into Tidal, I can’t play anything in Roon now. Roon can see tidal albums but nothing is playing (it says ‘Nothing Playing’ in bottom left)

Hey @Sunil_Odedra I’ve moved your reply to it’s own post so that we can assist you. I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with TIDAL.

Are you able to play a full track in it’s entirety on the TIDAL Web Player?

Additionally, so we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Ashley,

Yes Tidal web player works fine, as does desktop player

**Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)**

It’s windows 10. Desktop PC with an AMD 5800x, 32gb, 1.8 (build 882)

**Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)**

Same as the Core (i’m running core locally)

**Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)**

I’m running NAT topology and am connected to my Virgin Media Hub 3.0 router via a network cable. It’s pretty basic. More on the router here Virgin Media Hub 3.0 - the complete guide

**Audio devices in use**

I’ve got a Zen DAC v2 and am using headphones

**Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)**

Library was imported from backup but not sure where to, how do I find out what you need?

Btw. Only thing that’s changed is I switched from using Qobuz to Tidal. Roon was working fine before that. I did also upgrade hardware on my PC including new motherboard and CPU but after importing my original Roon backup Roon was working fine with Qobuz

Thanks
S

I think i’ve fixed the issue actually. Not sure if it’s related but I found that my Zen Dac v2 was setup to play 32bit 44.1khz. I changed this to 32bit 192khz and restarted Roon and it’s able to play Tidal tracks again. Strange, but should I have to set windows audio interfaces to >44.1khz in order for Roon to work with Tidal?

One other question if it’s okay… I’ve saved all my albums as Qobuz so they no longer play without manually changing each album version to Tidal. Is there a way to quickly change all my albums to Tidal?

Thanks!
S

Hey @Sunil_Odedra, I’m so sorry for taking so long to respond, we’ve been eagerly trying to assist everyone as soon as possible and with the holidays mixed in, I wasn’t able to get back to you soon enough.

I appreciate you letting me know that the issue has been fixed, that’s great news! You shouldn’t have to update the settings, as they should have been set properly. Is it possible that something was changed unintentionally?

Regarding switching your albums from Qobuz to TIDAL, unfortunately, there isn’t an option to do this in Roon other than what you are already doing; however, I wanted to share a Community post with suggestions that were helpful to other users when they switched between services: Changing Services in Roon - Options. Feel free to take a look to see some options that might benefit you!

You can use TuneMyMusic to copy all your favorites from Qobuz to Tidal, but you’ll probably need to reinstate Qobuz for a month.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.