TIDAL Isn't Adding Albums to my Library

For some reason, on the last day, TIDAL isn’t downloading albums. When I tried to download an album in Qobus, it worked fine.

In Roon? You shouldn’t be able to download any streaming service in Roon.

Maybe the download was the wrong choice of words; I should have said save it to my library. For me, it has worked with both TIDAL and Qobuz until yesterday.

I added a release to both Tidal and Qobuz earlier today.

Grasshopper,

I haven’t found those releases, and I still have a problem with TIDAL not loading albums into my library.

Qobuz is working well for me.

Have you manually refreshed tidal in the Roon remote app?
Sorry but I have added a few tidal and Qobuz releases this week ok.

I just refreshed the TIDAL app, and that didn’t fix it.

Do you have more than 10K favorites? That’s the limit within Tidal, so you will need to prune your favorites if you have gone over the limit. See this thread. Happened to me…

1 Like

I now have 4649 total albums which would include many on Qobuz.

I contacted TIDAL about my issue. I noticed the option to “Update” on my app was gray text, not white text like the other options. I went to the app, and the “Update” was white text. Then I rebooted Roon, went to TIDAL, and saved an album to my library, which worked.

1 Like

This is the email from TIDAL support.

Thank you for the reply.

We have received your inquiry about getting access to the TIDAL library through Roon.

To login, follow the steps below:

• Log out and log back in from TIDAL in your Roon app.
  • Download and install the Roon app at roonlabs.com, then open it on your computer (reinstalling the Roon app can help make sure the latest version is installed.).
  • Make sure the Roon device has the latest firmware installed.

Once the app is re-installed:

1. Click on the menu icon at the top left, and then select the “Settings” option. Choose the “Services” section.
  2. Click on the “Login” button to link Tidal and Roon.
  3. You can choose the streaming quality of Tidal content that Roon will play. Then click “Done” to confirm.
  4. Try to add your albums from TIDAL to the Room library once again.

If the issue persists, please get in touch with Roon Support for further assistance. They have developed the app that interfaces with TIDAL and will be able to further help you with this matter.

Regards,

Samuel
TIDAL Support

X @TIDALSupport | TIDAL FAQs | support@tidal.com
vgy.me

I know I have the latest version of Roon, but how do I find out if it has the latest firmware?

Depends on the Roon server device. Doesn’t matter for regular computers, but might be a factor in some 3rd-party dedicated servers

I use a NUC for my server.

Then it doesn’t matter, a NUC is a normal computer.

I wonder if support found the app TIDAL told me about that might help with this issue.

I’ve been adding and removing albums on tidal within Roon continually and without issues, including today. Have you raised a support ticket?

No, I don’t think I brought this issue up in support. I started this under the TIDAL section.

I would sign out of Tidal. Stop Roon server. Head to the cache folder rename it, then restart Roon and sign back into Tidal see if that helps.