TIDAL loading issues

Same problem here. But I’ve got more issues which we are addressing now.

Deleting the cache folder and/or rebooting did not help.

When I’ve found something, I’ll come back here. :crossed_fingers:

Dimitri

(QNAP HS-453DX 8GB)

@support

Might all the Tidal problems be a result of multiple sign-ins? Just a guess.

For now I’m still trying different setups, hardware and software. The Tidal/Roon combi makes this worth the trying.

Hello @DPV,

Is the behavior the same if you temporarily try hosting the Roon Core on another PC? What is the exact error state that you see, can you share a screenshot?

For now I’m trying to get my QNAP HS-453DX to work, without great succes (also for my own music).

The status yesterday was promising. Everything seemed to work as advertised, with one exception, the Roon core was running on my spinning disk, with the database on a SSD. TIDAL was working like a charm. This was 01.15 AM (Dutch time) still the case.

This morning, just now 09.00 AM, my overview page did not load. TIDAL was not showing and on both pages the template was showing, but no content, also no warning, just a loading screen.

When I logged out of TIDAL, the overview page was showing and everything was back to normal.

So, it is definately TIDAL which is throwing sand into the engine. (Dutch proverb :wink: )

After shutting down the server and removing the cache folder, I tried to start the server again, but nothing happend. Now no music is showing at all. Back at square one…

Hi @DPV,

This issue does sound like it could be hardware-related so I would suggest running the RAM test that Chris suggested.

I would also make sure that other apps have been turned off to remove some variables (especially if you have Plex/Emby on the QNAP).

For now the issue is still there. Every test, including the RAM-test, completed without faults found.

QNAP is now involved, but that takes some time…

The situation now is a running (instable) Roon core, without Tidal. When Tidal is activated, it just keeps on loading and blocks everything. The overview page in particular. When the service is removed, everything works like a charm.

Keep you posted.

Dimitri

Hi @DPV,

Thanks for the follow-up! Since you have an open thread with Crieke and Dylan, it’s best to keep all relevant information in one place for easy access. Please continue the discussion and post updates in the other thread, thanks!