Tidal MQA recognition

I stay in Singapore. Recently I joined ROON and TIDAl. But I’m not able to listen MQA files. Always show AAC. Can I know how to set system of ROON or TIDAL for listening MQA files.

Hi Kunio,
In my case, my endpoint is a NAD c658, I do not have to set anything to play the mqa format. I think the endpoint needs to be mqa compatible.
Open the signal path when you play a mqa track, so you can check what happens.
Frank

Click on the marked star to open the signalpath

signalpath3

This is how mine looks like
  1. Settings > Services > TIDAL Streaming Quality needs to be Master
  2. You have to be using the (more expensive) Tidal HiFi subscription, not the (cheaper) Tidal Premium subscription
  3. Regardless of where you’re staying currently, please tell me the country you were in when you signed up for Tidal. If you used a VPN service for Tidal account creation, state the VPN server country you chose.
  4. If you somehow got your account when you were in Japan without going through VPN, it just won’t work. You will have to create another account from a Tidal supported country (Singapore is OK), or go through VPN to one (preferably US).

Hello @Kunio_Nakamura, and welcome to the community! wklie has some good directions here, also what’s the endpoint you’re playing to?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.