Tidal not working: "Stopping playback too many errors". BUT, Roon Radio works just fine, suggesting problem is NOT the local intranet or internet service

Everything was working just fine, until I added a bunch of new albums to my Tidal account, and synced the Tidal account in Roon settings. Then everything associated with Tidal stopped working in Roon (but plays fine from Tidal app).

I know the problem is not Roon playback/streaming per se, because Roon radio works just fine, streaming 24bit, which suggests that the problem is neither my local intranet nor my internet provider. It also strongly suggests that the problem is a bug that is causing Roon and Tidal to not interface properly.

My problem seems to be similar to a post from a long time ago – Album available on Tidal, but not through Tidal on Roon – very disappointingly, the issue was never actually resolved/solved in the thread – offical Roon support chimed in once, then never replied again.

In fact, searching for “Stopping playback too many errors” in Roon Support shows that it seems to be a common problem, and almost always with no definitive solution.

I’m currently on a trial membership – to find such a glaring problem so quickly, and no actually responsive official technical support (as evidenced by this being a recurring, unaddressed problem since 2018 – we’re now in 2024) give me pause in deciding whether I’ll decide to pay for the service…

Suggestions: has anyone had this same problem?

Or, has anyone found a way to get real technical support for bugs such as this, which render the Roon service useless? (At least for me, the primary reason I got the trial was for the interface with Tidal).

Hi, please describe your setup as asked when you post a support issue. This looks like a connectivity issue in your local network. Roon in very demanding on wifi, If Tidal works that is no guarantee that Roon will work. Support or fellow Rooners will help you.

Cheers John

Hi there,

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!