TIDAL playback trouble with NAS Core

I’m glad you are now sorted, but it’s too bad this tech investigation was cut short, because I’m in the same boat, with a Synology NAS… Somtimes it plays, sometimes not. Very frustrating.

Are you suggesting the fire power of the NAS was not sufficient, and buying a more modern and powerful server solved your problem?

Thanks for reaching out, @jerome_e!

I’ve moved your post over to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Has this type of issue always occurred when using the NAS as a Core, or is this a recent change?
  • Have you noticed any patterns in when this behavior occurs? Specific types of content? Specific times of day? When playing to specific endpoints?

Thanks!

@jerome_e, I suspect it has something to do with NAS not having enough power to work with Tidal because it was an issue with both Squeezebox server and Roon on 2 different NAS, 1 is Netgear and other QNAP. Both servers works fine with Tidal on either an iMac or new ASUS Mini. They both use Intel i5 or i7 and 8GB RAM. Also SSD… There maybe an Tidal integration issue because Roon operation itself was fast. NAS are never really intended to be used like this anyway. Btw, music sounds way better with Core in my ASUS than in the NAS.