Tidal randomly skipping tracks

Hello
My setup is Roon Rock running on Intel NUC7i3BNH

I had no issues running Tidal in Roon earlier.
However the last few weeks, I find that Tidal keeps skipping tracks randomly. It might play if I restart but again jumps and skips to the next.
I have good stable internet connection and able to stream 4K TV wit no issues.

Could you please advise how to sort this out
Thanks

Suresh Kamath

Hi @Suresh_Kamath,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you also confirm what device you’re playing to? Does this happen with all endpoints?

Do you mind if we move this over to the #support category? We generally try to do all of our support there so the troubleshooting and solution can be found by others and potentially help them when they have similar issues.

Hi Dylan

Thanks for the prompt response
Sure no objections to moving this to #support

My configuration is
Roon Rock on Intel NUC7i3BNH, 64 GB SSD for Roon core, 1 TB HDD for the music 8 GB Ram
Connected by ethernet to Router
Connected by Ethernet via Aqvox audiophile switch to SimAudio Moon 390 and 330a Power amp
I upgraded to lates version Roon
Present Operating system since early today is Version 1 (Build 183) Stable
Roon Server Software Version 1.6 ( Build 416) stable

At the moment, when I started playing Tidal it commenced well, but again the flow just stopped and after a while started skipping.

My Internet is good and stable - I can watch 4K streams with no issues

Please let me know if you require any more details

Thanks

Suresh

Hi @Suresh_Kamath,

If you play to System Output of a remote instead of the SimAudio Moon device does that exhibit the same behavior?

Hi.
I have a Schiit Jotunheim connected to the network via a MicroRendu.

The same skipping and jumping takes place on this also

Further, this is a new development. I have enjoyed hours of Tidal streaming through Roon even 2 to 3 weeks ago

Hi.
I feel it’s a network error when connecting through Roon. I signed out of Tidal in Roon and tried to sign on again. I cannot sign on and a screen “ network error” keeps popping up. I can however sign on to Tidal otherwise

Best wishes

Hi

I reinstalled the Operating system, reset the DHCP and was able to log in. The DNS setting I observe has now changed
It looks like. The issue may have been resolved.

Will get back if not.

Thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.