Tidal syncronization

Hi, I have only Tidal playlists in Roon, no ”localy saved Roon playlists”. One of them is named ”Unplugged” but for several months ago the name was ”Acoustic”. Some days, after automatic sync, the name in Roon is still Acoustic even though I changed the name for a long time ago. The next day it shows Unplugged again.
After sync there is also very different which new songs have been added. More recently added songs have been synced one day, but not older, and vice versa the next day. Can somebody explain to me how Tidal syncronization actually works because my experience is that it doesn’t work at all?

Hi @Pontus_Bringefalt2,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of this playlists?

Are all other playlists okay?

Okey, I only use Tidal as a source, no local music at all. I have an Intel NUC 7i7BNH with Roon ROCK and the latest version 1.7 release 537.
I play my music via dCS Rossini DAC or my iPad Pro. I have fiber to my home, 250/250 MB, all connections between ROCK and sources are wired.
The ”system” is very clean, top of line in all aspects and ”overdimensioned” in all areas.
I have about 900 albums, 15000 tracks, about 30 playlists with ca 1500 tracks in my library. All music from Tidal, no local music or playlists at all. All changes I do, adding new tracks, creating and changing in playlists etc are managed in Tidal. After that I sync them to Roon, automaticly or via the sync button in ”services/Tidal”. All playlists are correct but I have one playlist, Unplugged, which sometimes presents the old name Acoustic after sync activities. This playlist has about 96 tracks in it. The tracks are synced correct but the name of the playlist changes from time to time. Sometimes when I sync not all new songs I have added are synced from Tidal. This is for all playlists, not only my Unplugged/Acoustic. Sometimes I miss the latest changes and sometimes I have the latest but not older ones. I don’t understand which data/database Roon syncs with, I mean Tidal is online streaming, why can’t Roon present the latest data from Tidal, how is it even possible to present all tracks and my latest changes in Tidal but a very old name of a playlist. Can you explain to me how the syncronizing with Tidal actually works?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.