Tidal tracks skipping: "The track is not currently available from TIDAL" [Resolved]

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

March 16 11:30 GMT: Issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

March 15 19:00 GMT: It looks like this problem cropped up again over the weekend, and Roon staff is currently investigating. Thanks so much for your patience, we hope to have this resolved soon! Weā€™ll update this post when thereā€™s more detail to share.

5 Likes

Thanks for you post Kevin. Iā€™ve had to keep rebooting and logging in and out of Tidal all day today! Given up at the moment and gone back to playing music from a old hard drive. Hopefully you guys can find a fix soon.

Thanks for looking into this.

This problem just affected me this morning. Was fine before then.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-not-playing-correctly/150662/3

Thanks, this is freakin irritating, tracks beeing skipped all over the place.
It happens on 1.7 and 1.8, I upgraded to try to get rid of the problem.
Core reboot didnā€™t help - w10.
Tidal logout and in, seemed to help, but only for a short whileā€¦

This is the problem with Interfacing software to other software.
Things break, as updates are pushed, etc.

When Spotify lossless comes, Iā€™ll probably just run Spotify to a Hifi connect endpoint.

The same problem applies here. With both error messages.
Logging out and logging into Roon and Tidal didnā€™t solve the problem.
Restart PC and network also not.

It has been running flawlessly for many years in my case, so Iā€™ll be irritated for a few days, and happy the rest. The pros are way better than the consā€¦

Hi guys
I have a issue with playback from Tidal, when I press a title in my playlists roon skips track and says ā€œthis track is currently not available from Tidalā€?
If I deactivate Tidal and enables it again it works.
And every time it wonā€™t playback I can access the track on my iphone a it plays fine so Iā€™ll guess it must be a Roon issueā€¦ anyone experienced the same?

This have happened on/off since roon updated to this new version, and ipad/roon often also looses connection to roon core and iPad says trying to reconnect.

Iā€™m almost at the point to get rid of roon and going back to the Luminā€¦ Lumin ALWAYS works.

1 Like

Hi Thomas, unfortunately this is a global problem. But Roon Staff is investigating.
The discussion is in this thread:

3 Likes

Hope it gets resolved fast. Hence it happens all the time. Even when playing an album. It just stops. For me, Roon is not really usableā€¦ if itā€™s not even finishing albums.

Registering that I too have the issue on a Nucleus+. Everything fine while using the Tidal app standalone.

Just logging that Iā€™m also having this issue.

Same for me tooā€¦

Really bad tonight track not currently available from Tidal

For sake of statistics: same problem here too.