Tidal tracks skipping: "The track is not currently available from TIDAL" [Resolved]

I am having the same problem too.

Core Machine (Windows 10 64bit /Quad Core i5, 8GB RAM, 2x SSDā€™s /Roon build number 764 stable)

The issue I am having is that some Tidal tracks keep displaying a banner with ā€œThis Track is Not Currently Available from Tidalā€ when i click on the track in Roon to play it. On some albums it will skip 4 tracks in a row.

I have tried loging out of Tidal and back in again several times, which does seem to help for a couple of minutes, then it does the same again, especially if if skip through tracks a bit. I like to do this to find new music quickly. I have also rebooted the operating system and the core several times and this doesnā€™t seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Network Details Hardwired gigabit ethernet back to router via network switch, internet connection is Fibre to the premises 300Mbps download / 50Mbps Upload

Audio Devices (Specify what device youā€™re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PC Windows 10 to Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 via USB

Description Of Issue

The issue I am having is that some Tidal tracks keep displaying a banner with ā€œThis Track is Not Currently Available from Tidalā€ when i click on the track in Roon to play it. On some albums it will skip 4 tracks in a row.

I have tried loging out of Tidal and back in again several times, which does seem to help for a couple of minutes, then it does the same again, especially if if skip through tracks a bit. I like to do this to find new music quickly. I have also rebooted the operating system and the core several times and this doesnā€™t seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

To be clear, there are two distinct issues. One is intermittent availability of tidal/qobuz tracks. Which might get better or worse at different points.

The other are tracks that are listed as unavailable (red text under track title) and have been this way for weeks, months and possibly longer.

So far Iā€™ve not seen any recognition of this second issue. This issue has never temporarily gone away and in my mind is worse than the intermittent issue.

And in both cases, the track plays fine in the tidal app/website on the same machine as core.

1 Like

I just switched back to Tidal only to find this skipping tracks problem today. Seems every other album I try has this issue.

Same problem for me too.

Any update on this issue? Iā€™m still having issues with not tracks available over Tidal with Roon.

Damn I was really hoping this was a me problem that I could solve. This is seemingly based on all of the songs Iā€™ve listened to more than once I.e all of my favourite music is ā€œunavailable from tidalā€ now.

Very :frowning:

Same problem Just tried pink Floyd the Wall several tracks said this track is currently not available on Tidal.

1 Like

Oh man, another week another problem. Having the same issue on several songs. I was just playing this one song and paused it and then wanted to play it again and again saw this errorā€¦its the same with other songs too.

I also did the entire ROCK reset (had to reset it due to another error recently so had no qualms!)ā€¦and the problem persisted. What happened to our stable Roon experience: guys at Roon? Its not 1.8, it seems to be a bigger problem where either Roon Radio stops working or this happens. These errors have been on the rise since Nov/Dec 2020.

Same. Every other song is not available on tidal? Painful this way as most of the songs I want to listen to are apparently unplayable. Theyā€™re fine on Tidal.

also turned system inc sonictransporter CDR no change. help!!!

Lots of skipping tracks here too. This seems to have started yesterday.
Roon logs include the following entries around around the skipping tracks. I donā€™t see these logs in older log files.

03/15 23:58:45 Warn: [tidal/http] https://api.tidal.com/v1/tracks/43560111/playbackinfopostpaywall?countryCode=US&audioquality=LOSSLESS&assetpresentation=FULL&playbackmode=STREAM failed (deserialize): System.ArgumentException: encryption_type
at Sooloos.Tidal.TidalUtils.ParseEncryptionType (System.String encryption_type) [0x0003a] in <7d6f1e32bec24b1a802f72d18757d829>:0
at Sooloos.Tidal.PlaybackManifest.Parse (System.String base64, Sooloos.Tidal.ManifestType type) [0x000df] in <7d6f1e32bec24b1a802f72d18757d829>:0
at Sooloos.Tidal.PlaybackInfo.Parse (System.Object o) [0x0006a] in <7d6f1e32bec24b1a802f72d18757d829>:0
at Sooloos.Tidal.Proxy.HandleJsonResponse[T] (System.String url, System.String etag, System.Func2[T,TResult] parse_json, System.String responsebody, Base.ResultCallback1[T] cb_result) [0x0009d] in <7d6f1e32bec24b1a802f72d18757d829>:0
03/15 23:58:45 Warn: [tidal/media] could not get playback info for 168:0:43560111: Result[Status=InvalidRemoteData]
03/15 23:58:45 Info: Alert: TIDAL: tidal_account_error
03/15 23:58:45 Info: Alert: Transport: stopping_too_many_failures
03/15 23:58:45 Info: Alert: Transport: stopping_too_many_failures

I am having the same issue. Very annoying - if I go to TIDAL the skipped tracks plays just fine. Itā€™s not a networking issue - that I am certain.

I have the same issue.

My network server supports both Squeezebox and Roon, So I tried to switch vice and versa.

When I switched to Squeezebox and returned to the Roon server again, it seemed that the problem is solved momentarily, but after a few songs, the Tidal tracks skipping phenomenon reappears.

WARNING!

I had this issue as well and decided to logout of Tidal to see if a new login would solve it.
(under Settings/Services)

But now Roon does not login/connect anymore at all!
After the Tidal website hands over the security token to Roon, nothing happens at the Roon end.

So: donā€™t disconnect from Tidal, you wonā€™t be able to re-connect!

I have the same issue too with Tidal today. Tried clearing the Tidal cache on my ROCK - it worked fine for about 10mins and then the issue returned :frowning:

Yep, issue is backā€¦

Well. I did dis- and reconnect from Tidal w/o any issue. But it did not solve the missing tracks problem.

@Bernd_Kurte then I wrongly assumed this to be a universal problem!

What device/OS did you use when connecting Roon with Tidal again?
Iā€™ve only been able to test with Apple devices.

This issue is also happening from time to time with me.