Tidal und Qobuz problem

Hello Roon, I have a problem with Tidal and Qobuz.
I have a Qnap Ts251 + as Roon Core, all my music and playlists are played without errors.
As soon as I go to my registered Tidal or Qobuz account and want to play music, roon stops and no music can be played, nor does a playlist. The Roon server is dead. Only when I stop the Roon server on the Qnap, shut down the Roon server completely and restart again, I can play music again without any problems. My current Roon server
Version: 1.7 (build 667) stable QPKG-Version: 2020-07-15
Process ID: 23123
Where is the mistake ? and who can help me?
Thanks for the answer

Thomas

Hi @Thomas_Wess,

That’s strange, you’re saying that after you try to play Qobuz or TIDAL content, then local tracks on the QNAP also fail to start?

Can you please reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date + track of failure and use these instructions to send a log set?

I have the same issue here:
Roon Server 1.7 build 667
on a QNAP TVS-671, Firmware 4.5.1.1480 Build 20201108
registered Tidal account, no Problems until a few days ago.

Music stored on the NAS plays as it should, when I try to play a Tidal track, the music doesn’t start and after that also stored tracks doesn’t play any more until a server restart.
Tidal shows as logged in, I can see all Albums, Playlists etc.

I‘ve the same problem. My roon-coe is on a QNAP 251. As long as I move around in TIDAL (from roon) there is no problem bur when trying to play music from TIDAL there is no sound any more. But I don‘t have to stop the server to eliminate the problem. I‘ts enough to stop the MAC, IPAD or IPhone-app.

Hi @Urs_Stirnimann / @Rudiger_Wiemann,

Does this issue only impact you when you have the QNAP as a Core?

Can you please try a different Roon Core on the same network and see if the issue reproduces?

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Yes only with QNAP as a Core. With a Mac mini in the same Network it works as it should.

I had the same experience yesterday eve.

Hi @Urs_Stirnimann / @Rudiger_Wiemann,

Can you access your QNAP logs by using these instructions and submit a set?

My problem is solved, thank you very much @crieke!

1 Like

I had the same problem - solution found here:

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz Loading Slowly