Tidal via ROON ARC on Wi-Fi at Work Won’t Play

Roon Core Machine

Sonicorbiter OS/Linux - Small Green Computer, Intel i5, 8 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi 5 Router hooked up to my ARRIS T25 MODEM and my server is hooked up directly to the router. No VPN in use. I have an average of 20 MB/s upload speed.

Connected Audio Devices

Playing music via ROON ARC at work on Wi-Fi with the iFi Go Bar from my iPhone 11 Pro with latest updates. Also same issue I’m having also occurs on my new iPad Air 5.

Number of Tracks in Library

About 3,000 tracks 70 of which are local files.

Description of Issue

I can play Qobuz and local files just fine via ROON ARC but Tidal won’t play at work via ROON ARC on the Wi-Fi. Tidal plays just fine via the native app. Also, Tidal plays fine via the Plex Apps with no issues at all. Tidal via ROON ARC will play via Wi-Fi at home or via cellular data with no issues. Maybe it’s some type of security setup on my work’s Wi-Fi that’s blocking Tidal through ROON ARC. Playing either standard CD quality tracks or MQA tracks have the same result when trying to play them via Tidal in ROON ARC. So I’m kind of hoping that maybe there’s some kind of magical fix or something that a future update could possibly fix.

I think someone else has mentioned this too.

@moderators Mods can maybe merge the threads

OH IT WAS YOU

A post was merged into an existing topic: TIDAL issues on wifi at work via Roon ARC