Tidal won't login after latest roon update [fixed in 1.3]

Subject says it all…

tidal service password was reset in roon and now I can’t get logged in to tidal. anyone else having issues with tidal and roon??

Thanks
PK

Working fine post update here. I suggest stopping and restarting your Roon Core - usually works for me when Tidal throws a wobbly.

just tried that. no change… i’m running linux core… how about you nick?

My core sits on a sonicTransporter i5, so the Sonicorbiter OS (which I assume is a linux variant)

Have you checked that direct logon to Tidal app (i.e. outside Roon) works ok?

I have the same issue on my i5 SonicTranspirt.

Tidal OK on my second Roon Core running on Windows 10

Also I cannot retrieve my roon account information, it says that an unexpected error has occurred. wish I knew how to go back to previous release…

Had same problem with TIDAL login; rebooting Roon Core on sonicTransporter AP and fresh log in to TIDAL did the trick

OK, finally tried a system reboot and restart of roon. Voila it works… (so far) both tidal login and roon login are working. wierd that you can’t just restart roon at the service level…

now my tidal login has failed and the roon account information has also failed again. looks like I will have to reboot server again. this is unacceptable. roon guys, whats going on?

looksa like a roonserver restart worked this time, tidal and account info restored without system reboot. still need to know why the tidal login and the account info. was lost… ???

I lost Tidal when updating to Build 165 a few minutes ago.
And i cannot reconnect either? But Tidal as an App works just fine on both my iPad and iPhone?
I did try and reboot the Roon Core on my QNAP NAS to no avail?

… just experienced the same issue. Would be great if that could be fixed swiftly. Many thanks.

I have the same problem.

Also have same exact issue.

I had the same problem and after trying many things, I noticed when I typed my user name to login I was getting some underscores on some letters. I changed to caps lock (for user name only) and entered password and it worked. Strange…I know, but I was having the same problem on all the devices I tried to login in on…now I’m in.

1 Like

Great! It works! Thx @J_William_Truett!
Curiously, if i put my username (which is my email address) in all CAPITALS, i am allowed in!
This is really weird Roon, how is this even possible?
And, still no official feedback?

As another curiosity i lost contact with my Roon Server today, first time ever…
Took about five minutes, then all of a sudden it was avaliable again.

Hmm, this seems a strange release!

Tried the all caps approach, didn’t work for me. Just to be sure I wasn’t doing something entirely stupid, log onto to tidal via web and the app, no problem getting in.

@nibnis / @Peter_Muller / @Axel_Muecher / @soyka0120 ---- My apologies for the troubles here and thank you all for the reports.

I have touched base with my team regarding this issue and we are looking into it on our end. In the meantime may I kindly ask all of you for the following:

1. Can you please provide the details of your setup as here.

2. Has your core machine been rebooted?

3. Have you tried clearing your TIDAL cache?

If you are still having this issue after trying the above please drop @support a line here and we will gather logs from you to take a closer look. Many thanks and once again, apologies for the inconvenience.

-Eric

Eric,

I’m posting here as opposed to @support since the problem was resolved after rebooting the core (although it took several tries). I’m running Roon Core on a sonictransporter i5 fed into a sonicorbiter to a PS Audio Directstream remotely controlled by MacBook Pro (alas, my iPad is too old).

1 Like