Tidal won't login after latest roon update [fixed in 1.3]

I’ve been having the TIDAL login problem for a while (Roon Core is on a Linux-based sonicTransporter AP) and have satisfactorily addressed it with the “delete cache” or “double reboot Roon Server” workarounds while waiting for Roon 1.3. Today, however, I can neither login to TIDAL nor connect to my Roon account settings in Build 165. (No problem logging into TIDAL directly through Mac desktop app.) When I try to log into TIDAL under Services tab, I am getting a “Network error: please check your internet connections” message, which is new to me, and “Error retrieving account information” message under Account tab in Settings. I have rebooted the ST-AP, rebooted Roon Server; rebooted my modem, all to no avail. No other network problems are apparent.

Is there a larger systemic problem with Roon servers? Advice/Help appreciated, thanks.

Bill

My issue was solved by power cycling the sonicTransporter-AP (as opposed to rebooting via the sonicorbiter web interface), which reset the internet connection.

1 Like

Roon keeps getting a white text on red banner “There was an unexpected error, please check your account details” when I log into Tidal, or try to.

Any clues? This has been going on a couple of days now

Hi @Louis_Hissink,

I merged your post into this thread as it appears to be the same issue. Have a read of the above to see the double restart workaround that people have developed. It is expected to be resolved in 1.3.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks. I’ve worked it out in the meantime. I recently replaced the OS on the Mac-mini with Ubuntu, and installed RoonServer. Seems part of my problem was a dud ip address when I rebooted the router, because accessing Roon from a PC or iPad also refused to access my Roon Account; this was when a penny dropped. Ding! Strangely I could ssh into Ubuntu from the Mac Pro using the old IP addy, but on reading the comments above, I sensed the problem probably was in the network side of things, as it always does.

See how it goes over the next few days.

Spot on, Spofforth.

1 Like

Thanks Gred, had the issue today and it’s fixed,

Thanks too guys from Roon, the software is running all ok now :+1:t4:

Saulo

Problem came back again last night. Waiting on 1.3 or a fix for for 1.2.

I have retired my SonicTransporter since last December. Waiting as well.

Well I had another 2 days without the problem… but now

Been waiting weeks for a bugfix.

I really hope that in the future these things get solved much quicker…

At this point Roon is broken as we await 1.3

1.3 is out… please let us know if you still experience this issue.

I am happy to report that Tidal login is working now with my Sonic Transporter and Roon Server 1.3

1 Like

Same here. Tidal went crazy on my Sonictransporter after the update.

1 Like

I’ve just started having this problem. When I try to login to Tidal via Roon Services, I get the message ‘Bad username or password’. Until now I have had 5 trouble free months. I am cerdtain that I am using the correct Tidal account credentials, and I can log in to the Tidal app directly.

Hi @David_O_Higgins ----- Can you go to your Roon database, and delete the following file:

tidal_account

Which can be found here:

\Database\Registry\Core\

Let us know if that doesn’t fix it and we’ll take another look at this.

Thanks!
-Eric

Thanks Eric,
I’ve tried all I know to find this file, but failed. I’m reasonably proficient, but no expert. Are the instructions given valid for a Windows 10 installation?
David

Just Found the \database\registry\core directory, but no Tidal file there
David

Eric,
It has now, unaccountably, started working again!
Thanks for your attention. Hope it doesn’t happen again.
David

1 Like