Tidal won't login after latest roon update [fixed in 1.3]

Hi Craig,

Did you solve the issue?

If not, try restarting Roon (or Roon Server) core app on the Mac Mini. Rebooting the computer may not be enough.

Cheers, Greg

Did, no joy.

Re-entered login for Tidal in Roon. Working now. Why canā€™t this be fixed?

Hi Craig,

Glad itā€™s sorted.

It will be fixed. See Mikeā€™s post above.

Cheers, Greg

I had this issue this morning. [quote=ā€œCraig_Martin, post:77, topic:16171ā€]
a pink box with "TIDAL login failed
[/quote]

First time it has happened in several months. Not a big deal for me. Even the Tidal app on my iMac needed my logon info. In my Roon Settings/Services I simply logged back in.

I wonder if Tidal occasionally forces logouts - perhaps as a way to minimize the number of devices a single user is using. I have six if you count the Roon Core and Roon Remote as separate devices.

In my case, the Roon update had nothing to do with the logout. And given how reliable and trouble-free my Tidal connection is and Roon experience has been, Iā€™m not complaining, just adding my experience.

Just happened to me. Retry didnā€™t work, but re-entering the credentials did the trick.

Happened to me this morning. Re-entering password solved it. Annoying. I hope the Roon guys can persuade Tidal to fix it.

Friday night and Tidal login is not working again. This is what I pay the top dollar for and yet again itā€™s screwed. What am I paying you for again?

Ian

Hi @IanM ā€“ as you can see above, we are working on fully resolving this issue, but for now there are a couple of possible causes, each with their own workarounds.

Can you let me know what youā€™ve tried so far? How about details of your setup? Let me know and weā€™ll get this working for you.

Thanks!

Hi @Mike

Iā€™ve not tried anything beyond the obvious, and frankly extreme, system reboot.

Frankly, Roon is starting, for me, to inhabit that unnecessary centre. If I want background music then Amazon and Spotify ā€œJust Workā€, if I want high quality then I have vinyl a-plenty. Roon and Tidal seem to need a system reboot every time I want to use it, and then itā€™s still temperamental.

Lifeā€™s too short for snowflake Hi-Fi.

Ian

Hi @IanM ----- I completely understand and respect your frustration here in regard to the reoccurrence of this problem. Please reassured though, that we are and have been, fully committed to resolving this issue for our users.

As @mike has pointed in his post above, there have been two separate problems identified here and our management of these issues is contingent on outside entities, thus adding a layer of complexity to getting this fixed on our end. If this were a simple or low-risk fix we would have deployed it ASAP as we do everything in our power to ensure that no bugs are left out in the world.

As a company we constantly strive to provide the best experience to our users and we work very hard to address the needs of our clients as best as possible. Now, while I agree that this current situation is less than desirable, there are things that can be done to remedy this behavior you are experiencing, as you can see from the responses posted above.

For your consideration, I have highlighted some of the troubleshooting steps below that have helped other users deal with this issue.

1. Double-Restart Method

2. Re-entering your login credentials

If none of that does the trickā€¦
Please see Mikeā€™s post from above and dump us a set of logs and we will gladly have a closer look into this for you.

-Eric

@Eric,

For me a double restart of the server works for a day or 3. Then I have to restart again. Actually Iā€™ve had to do this several times aleady as this issue has been around for quite some time.

I hope a permanent fix is coming within the next few daysā€¦ I donā€™t see why this needs to wait for 1.3

This problem has been resolved for me, but if I lose power it will probably come back on reboot.

I know this is difficult to answer, but any ETA on 1.3? Would Iā€™ve to see the new features and for this problem to go away.

I cannot connect to TIDAL even though my account with tidal is in no disorder. Anybody who can help or experience the same problem. It began couple of days agoā€¦

Thanks in advance!

Morten

Re start Roon Core usually sorts is, and remotes

Itā€™s a bug that has popped up the last few weeks related to Tidal changes in login / session management. First you may want to read @mikeā€™s comment here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tidal-wont-login-after-latest-roon-update/16171/61

Afterwards, for a workaround you can try:

• Restart your Roon Core computer
  • Re-login to Tidal in Settings > Services > Tidal
  • Start en stop Roon / Roonserver twice (stop - start - stop - start).

Things will be fixed in the upcoming Roon 1.3, due somewhere in the near future:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tidal-wont-login-after-latest-roon-update/16171/81

Found a solution - it looked like my code word had disappeared from settingsā€¦thanks for your help!

Guess Iā€™m out of luck until you issue an update. The double restart worked once for about 24 hours. Now nothing will get Tidal to reload. My main reason for buying all this new equipment was for Roon and Tidal integration. Sure hope this get sorted out soon. From reading this thread, there are several of us struggling with the same issue. Is there any purpose in me sending screen shots of logs? Can you give me any idea how long this will take to resolve?

No luck re-entering your password @Larry_Holt?

If youā€™ve tried that and the above without any luck, we would absolutely like to see logs from your Core.

Drop a PM to @support and we can walk you through it.

1 Like

Hi @Mike,
I uploaded several versions of my log file. I am not sure if any of them will suit your needs. I donā€™t have access to the files on my sonicTransporter without going into terminal on my mac mini. I donā€™t know enough about Linux to even attempt that. I opened the log from the web page provided with the sonicTransporter and uploaded the log page. Converted that to a pdf. So you have multiple versions. Hope one will work for you.

I am using a new Sonic Transporter 8TB with a Sonore MicroRendu into a PS Audio DirectStream DAC.

I have no problem with playing my music files. Roon is functioning well. Sound is terrific. All my problems revolve around TIDAL. I was able to log in initially. Lost connection after the first day or so. Could not get back on. I went to your community site and got the advice to reboot the roon server two times in a row. That worked for a day and then lost connection again. Now I canā€™t log in regardless of how I try to get there.

The obvious stuff is all confirmed. I am logging in correctly and i can confirm that on my Mac Mini and on my iPad. No problem logging into Tidal on those devices.

Please let me know what else I can provide that may be of help to you. Hoping you have a solution or at least a work around that will work consistently

Thanks in advance for your willingness to help with my issues. Says a lot about who Roon is and where you plan to go.

Larry

I just sent my log files as this happened to me again after a power failure and reboot. Iā€™m hoping 1.3 comes soon.