Titles Skipping constantly [resolved - deselected the Package Accelerator in Fritz Box]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus Rev B, latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Connection, Fritz Box 6660 Cable, Silent Angel Bonn 8 Switch & F1 LPSU

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LUMIN U1 Mini, Bluesound Node 2i

Description Of Issue

Cannot play music via Roon, as titles are skipping forward every second. Same behavior with Tidal Hi-Fi and Qobuz Studio. Same behavior with the LUMIN to the Kii Three or the Bluesound to the Atoll IN200.
I did all the stuff, from simple restart, rebuild, re everything.
No problems when playing via Bluesound App or LUMIN App.
Thanks @support.
Ole

Hi @Ole_Johannsen1,

Thanks for reporting this - sorry about the trouble.

If I understand correctly, tracks are being skipped in Roon regardless of their source: TIDAL, Qobuz or local files?

Could you please try logging out and back into TIDAl (in Roon)? There was a known issue causing tracks from TIDAL to be skipped, and this has now been resolved:

One of our technicians will reply on this thread as soon as possible.

Hi Rebeka, no, this is a different topic. And it resides in Tidal and Qobuz as well. Titles skip every second to the next without playing anything.

I reinstalled Roon completely and now it works. Thanks.

1 Like

Same thing happening to me, had no support response. I guess I’ll try a reinstall

Did you do a complete uninstall first?

And again, @support, Rebeka. Titles skip every 0,5 second. No Playback possible, even after another Reinstall. Help needed.

1 Like

Hi @Ole_Johannsen1,

Thanks so much for the effort you put into finding a solution. I wish the victory wasn’t temporary.

I’ve notified our technicians again. Please, stay tuned.

@Kevin_Owen, thanks for making a Support post as well. Our team has been notified.

1 Like

Hello @Ole_Johannsen1 ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here and thank you for your patience while your case reached our queue. Can you please confirm if the same behavior is occurring on the latest Roon release?

How do you have your DNS servers on the router configured, are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS? Is the router on the latest firmware?

Are local library files playing ok? If you don’t have any local library files, you can download some samples from the 2L Test Bench (right-click on the file size → save as).

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Latest Nucleus Rev B, latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, Fritz Box Cable 6660

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

LUMIN U1 Mini USB to Kii Control
Bluesound Node 2i to Atoll IN 200
Both connected via Ethernet through a Silent Angel Bonn 8 Switch

Description Of Issue

Titles skipping every second, no playback when playing Tidal Hi-Fi and Qobuz Studio.
Bluesound and LUMIN App work Fine.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi, this problem still persists, please help @support.

To answer Noris’ questions:
DNS: no Cloudfare, Quad or Google DNS as far as I know. It is plain Fritz Box (latest firmware) with a Vodafone Cable contract.

Local Files: Are skipping as well.

When I use the Roon Core on any Innuos Zen series with this exact Fritz Box LAN, there is no problem at all. So I guess, there is sth wrong with the Nucleus.

How to proceed?

Ok, News for @support:
When the Nucleus is connected to a (Silent Angel Bonn 8) Switch, which is connected (wired) to a Fritz Repeater 1750E, which repeats the signal of the Fritz Box Cable 6660, all is good.

When the Nucleus is directly connected to the Fritz Box, titles skip and skip, no music at all.

Would you need Screenshots or alike to look for the error?

Hey @Ole_Johannsen1,

Generally, when this happens, we recommend trying to set up your router (the Fritz Box) on one of the three DNS servers Noris mentioned ( Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS).

If you’d like to try that during the weekend, it’d be really great, as Noris will return to work on Monday and it’ll be really helpful in troubleshooting this if you’ve had a chance to try this.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do :pray:

Please go into Fritz Box settings, disable Software Packet Acceleration.

If this still does not work, please toggle IGMP settings.

Hi @wklie,
Thank you Peter for this advice but I cannot do so.
First It would be really helpful to descripe how you can disable the Packet Acceleration.
At my FritzOS 7.21 (Fritzbox 6591 cable) it’s at the lower left side under “content” and then scroll at the new window at lower end to “Fritz!Box Support” and scroll down to Packet Acceleration.
But if I disable the Packet Acceleration (with sub topics) and then click at commit changes and do a restart - everything is back to standard (with Packet Acceleration). I cannot make the changes. Do you have advice how I can fix this?
By the way in other forums and from AVM is the answer it makes no difference.
Thanks in advance and what are the reasons for that advice?
Best regards

The reasons are:

1. Ole reported that a Roon Core direct connection to the Fritz router does not work, but if it is connected to something else, then it works. This shows the router behavior is a problem.

2. Disabling of Software Packet Acceleration is recommended in Roon network setup: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/networking-best-practices

If it cannot be disabled, the reasons I can think of include:

• Incorrect procedure
  • You don’t have permission
  • Firmware bug
  • Settings corruption
  • Defect

Hi @wklie,
Thanks Peter.
I have/had the same behavior (tracks/titles skipping) with a Fritzbox 6490 and now 6591 - of course both Fritzboxes. If I disable the Packet Acceleration the speed drops from 500-900Mbit/s to 10-30Mbit/s and if I reboot the router everthing is back to standard (with Paket Acceleration). I opend a support request at AVM (Fritzbox).
Thanks for trying to help. :smiley:

How much internet bandwidth is in your internet service subscription?

How did you measure the speed?

After you disabled the Software Packet Acceleration and before you rebooted the router, did this improve any Roon issue you are having?