Too many failures...networking issues

Elam DS-101**Software version 07864064-3E6D-4A6E-870C-ACECE753439A `

Roon Version 1.5 (Build 49) 32bit on an iPad.

Network Details WiFi

Receiving many error messages regarding “Too many failures” and various network issues. Bottom line is these error messages started appearing a couple of days ago, making my Elan music server, Roon, .and Tidal unusable. I’ve read many similar issues: I disabled Tidal multiple times, rebooted the music server multiple times, rebooted my cable modem and wireless router but to no avail. Please help

1 Like

Though not all issues of this nature are identical, this is an ongoing challenge for Roon. I have had and continue to have this issue from time to time. And, we are both in the company of many others that experience the same issue as well.

If you believe you are having network issues, it might be good to list the specifics of your network. It is one less round of email exchanges with Support.

1 Like

I’ll do that next time something comes up. Since I see this kind of post somewhat frequently, I assumed that I would not be necessary helping by adding more to the case load.

Actually @Ali_Shafai, I was directing to the OP.

But if you are having a similar problem, let Roon help you get it fixed. You are paying for the support. Make use of it. Besides, a problem they help solve for you may help the next guy. :wink:

1 Like

And therein hangs the tale.

Roon will severely test a WiFi connection.

1 Like

I am not so sure about this. My Roon core is connected via WiFi to my router, and so is a RPi endpoint. For hours or days I have no problem whatsoever. But, as many others have reported, occasionally the playing stops with the now infamous message about ‘too many failures’, or on Tidal streaming it jumps to the next queued tune. On most occasions, simply restarting the Roon server on my core device will take care of the problem and music reproduction continues just fine. I might have believed that the problem were failures of a flakey WiFi connection, if I had not read similar reports by others with Ethernet-connected core.

There is no denying that not only the demands imposed by Roon on home networks are extraordinarily high, but there also seem to be subtle bugs waiting to be discovered.

That’s great. I’m happy for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

The OP seems to be using a wireless connection and complaining about network issues, ergo…

At least, without further info as to the OP’s system, it’s a place to start.

This on an iPad doesn’t make any sense, but if you are running V1.5 anywhere, then that is way out of date.

@support won’t be able to help you until you are running the most current version, which is 1.7.

And on a proper device.

As far as I can understand this, it’s all about Elac’s Roon Essentials. See also:

That would explain why I didn’t get a hit when I googled Elam DS-101. :laughing:

1 Like

Appreciate the responses. My Elam music server is connected via hardwire, just my interface with the Roon app is on an iPad is via WiFi connection. I am getting 200kbs plus data rate on my iPad from a 3200ac wireless router.

That is correct

Got to be a little clearer about your system if you want help.

Luckily, @BlackJack took an educated guess.

If the trouble is related to the current problems between Roon Essentials and Tidal, it’s being worked on (see the link I posted) and the OP has to wait for Elac to release a fixed version.

If it’s something different; Official support for Roon Essentials is done by Elac.

Thanks BlackJack, I will reach out to Elam on Monday

Do you really mean 200kbs? That’s way too low for even 44.1/16 audio, let alone hires. It would indicate your wireless network is seriously impaired.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.