Track fade out (Pause, Stop, Skip Track, Sleep, ...) and fade in when restarting

Does not this break the lossless signal path approach ?

This is a good point. Perhaps it could be a DSP feature next to crossfade so that it could be a toggling option. So even if you didn’t want crossfade you could select it. Also, perhaps it could act as only not being lossless as it fades out. A short one second of the light turning yellow.

I would certainly use this feature!

2 Likes

Needs to be a DSP option if you ask me as its messing with the stream and is no longer bit perfect. I personally would never use it as I have no issues with switching tracks as it is.

1 Like

Absolutely, just as headroom or volume adjustment does.

Yes, but in this instance I don’t think it really matters as it’s just to fade out a track that was deliberately cut short because you started playing another - just a simple volume fade (of half a second or so). I’d also quite like this feature to be implemented when the pause or stop button is pressed. For some reason I find it quite jarring to go from listening volume to silence when I stop or pause a track before it’s finished.

2 Likes

Yes please. I second that.

1 Like

Great idea! I have been looking for such an option, too, for quite a while. I would definitely use it most of the time. A clear vote for such an option, PLEASE!

1 Like

Yes please. I’m playing thru 13.1 auro 3d and loud.

The falling off a cliff type transition is traumatic.

Would it be possible to have the music fade out when pause is pressed, instead of stopping dead and also to fade back in when play is pressed?

I would like to have a long fade out on the sleeptimer instead of the hard cut. Similar as in the blue sound app.

Just a thought but I hate it when someone (me) skips a track and it just cuts agressively, maybe a one/two second fadeout would be more pleasing.

No thanks : it’s fine as it is now - an immediate response when a button is pressed.

1 Like

Oh yes please. The lack of this option is the thing that makes me miss my previous player the most.

This would be great. A bunch of other players provide this (iTunes, JRiver and Foobar to name a few), some with adjustable settings. I prefer 0.2 seconds or so. Short enough so the response still feels immediate, but easier on the ears compared to abruptly stopping (when pausing and when skipping a track) and starting (when resuming from pause).

It would also be great to have a fade out/fade in when pausing/resuming from pause. The audio should remain bitperfect other than when the fading is done.

I just switched from Aurender which has fade in / out function and I love that much.
It would be great to add fade in / out so everyone can choice anything they want.

+1 to this.

Also, you can get quite an abrupt jump when changing the volume in Roon; perhaps a 0.2 second fade (or something) here would also help…

2 Likes

I’ve requested this feature before and I’m glad to read others have spoken up. A “Fade-Out & Play Next” option would be very much appreciated. +1

1 Like

Is this option available? If not, can any of the developers comment on the possibility of adding it?

Can anyone comment on this?

What I’m looking for is a very quick fade on pause and resume, of the kind that seems to be standard on many CD players. The loud pops that sometimes occur when pausing are, to me, the only drawback to the otherwise superb Roon experience.

Are there settings already available that I could use to avoid this problem?