Track fade out (Pause, Stop, Skip Track, Sleep, ...) and fade in when restarting

Agreed. Music starting and stopping instantly doesn’t feel right. Not high on my list relative to configurable shuffle and radio, better metadata handling, etc., but it seems this could be quickly done.

2 Likes

is there really still no chance to activate a fadein and fadeout for the music? I use roon for my presentations on fairs and workshops and I always have to do the fade out and fade in with the volume slider. Thats really annoying.

It is just a bagatelle for programmers implementing this feature, isn’t it?

+1 Roon really needs an option to fade-in/out when starting/stopping music.

@Brian, it seems like a quick fade on pause / resume would be simple for Roon’s DSP engine. Is there a way to set this up that I’ve overlooked?

It’s something I’d like to do, but it’s far from simple. In the general case, the audio device has 2-30 seconds of audio pre-buffered. So DSP engine can’t do it–it has to happen in the playback device much closer to “now”, otherwise pausing will take 2-30 seconds.

Same reason why we don’t do volume control in DSP engine in the core–big delay between there and what you are hearing.

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Could you send the instruction to fade along with the pause command, i.e. fade then pause? Or would that require a capability already built into the endpoint?

I really miss this.

Also when you go forward or back.

3 Likes

There is a chance to achieve this?

Is basically what foobar2000 already does in its own crossfade feature.

Yes, the one thing in Roon I miss from Jriver, the smooth and demicate crossfade! I do hope Roon will have the feature one day.

1 Like

We must ask becase they won’t do it automatically if users like us dont say to the makers of Roon.

I absolutely need the crossfade while I change manually a track when I reproduce dance music.

Agreed that either skip, forward, or even “play now” it sounds abrupt and could have some gentle slope applied, even if just 1.5 seconds.

1 Like

Just extend the actual crossfade function with these features (manual skip tracks, skip inside a track) and we will be happy.

I would add “play now” to that.

It’s also what I mean with “manual skip tracks”.

There will be news about what we asking here?

I really feel bad when I change a track without having a crossfade…

Any updates about this?

Crossfader while change tracks manually.

I am feeling like I am using Winamp beta on Windows 98 when I skipping tracks. It’s awful.

Reviving this older request. I would like a gentle crossfade or fade-out when manually changing tracks.

It’s just so abrupt and disrespectful to the artist and listener to hard cut.

3 Likes

Maybe also an automatic email with apologies can be send to the artist?

There is no need to kidding about this request.

It should be mandatory from the first release of Roon.

1 Like

I wonder if an Extension would have access to call the crossfade function during manual skip? Perhaps I’ll cross-post (pun intended) in the Extensions section.

1 Like