Track skipping in qobuz after 1.7

Hi @Ernie,

We are looking into this and are looking to get more information for the team. Would you kindly provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Oh come on. This was the first thing I did when reporting the problem. It is clear now that the problem is widespread and independent of hardware. I have given timestamps as asked for over almost 24 hours barring sleep time.

1 Like

Apologies, @Ernie — I didn’t notice at first that you had posted in multiple threads. I’ve merged everything into your original report.

We’ve enabled diagnostics for the timestamps that you’ve shared above and we’ll be sure to reach out ASAP when we have more information.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/tracks-skip-when-streaming-from-tidal-or-qobuz-since-roon-1-7/84778/49

No problem…Another thread reporting the same issue being widespread

A post was split to a new topic: 1.7 Started Skipping on Sonic Transporter

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz skipping tracks after 1.7 update, issue not present on local tracks

Hey @Ernie

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how it goes?

More details are here:

Thanks!

Hi Mike

A couple of hours of listening this morning and no skips. Thanks so much for working this out! I will let you know if anything changes.

1 Like

I am afraid the skipping is back. Had 3 this morning in the space of of 30 minutes. Had been fine since 505.

Hi @Ernie,

Was this exactly the same as before? Are you receiving any error messages when the skips happen?

1 Like

Hi Dylan…
It was the same as before. Three times on the same album. But then no further problem for the rest of the day. Thanks for checking. I will let you know if it recurs.

Just had it happen…9:15 am est

I had one skip yesterday - it just abandoned half a track - but apart from that it’s been fine since the fix. I recall Qobuz on its own doing something similar now and again, so I’m just reporting it for what it’s worth. Won’t complain unless it happens some more.

Hi @Ernie,

Did this occur with the same Qobuz content as before? What was the track that skipped?

Different qobuz content but I did not note the track. Sorry. No problems since.

Thanks, @Ernie.

The next time this happens, can you confirm the following:

1. The time it occurs
  2. The name of the track
  3. If you go back and try to play this track again does the track complete or skip at the same time?

I will keep an eye out tomorrow but then I’m away from Roon for a couple of weeks😧

A post was split to a new topic: Tracks are skipping from Qobuz after the most recent update

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.