Track unavailable in Roon but available in Tidal

see below…
How is this possible?

the track shows up un Roon but is “unavailable” yet it plays fine from within Tidal app. so this is not a regional thing

Maybe it has something to do with the release date? For me, Sept. 1 2016 is tomorrow. It maybe the data for that has been ingested by Roon but the authorized to be played indicator has not yet updated in some syncing process?

I often see “unavailable” tracks or albums but then they’re also not available in Tidal (the entire ECM catalogue for example). But it’s the first time I see it on a track that’s actually available in Tidal

I’ll check again in a day or so and see if it becomes available in Roon

I have run into this situation more than once. Unavailable on Tidal via Roon but available (and streams) via Tidal app. Since the title wasn’t the most important thing I was planning on listening to, I just moved on to the next thing figuring it was Roon’s geo-availability data being slightly off with Tidal’s geo-availability data and it will get fixed eventually.

I will do a better job reporting these when I find them.

available now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here with the latest song Rockabye by Clean Bandit. It’s in Tidal and works well and does show in Roon but as unavailable. Shall I just wait or can I do something about it.
Thanks

It’s available for me. I noticed that there are 2 singles and 1 EP with 4 versions of the song on it.

Can you add a single or the EP to your library then right click (or long press) a track, click the 3 dot menu at the top and select track info. From there click File Tags link and tell me what Tidal Trackcopyright date says.

Also, which country are you in?

Cheers, Greg

Greg, seems that now it’s working. I’m in Switzerland currently but my Tidal subscription is UK.

David Bowie’s Demo version of “Let’s Dance” was just released (7th) on various music streaming services. Including Tidal. I can play it on the Tidal app and even through BlueSound/NAD’s BluOS. (I’m in US)

Yet it appears as “unavailable” within Roon.

Why so guys?

There is often a delay in Roons database getting updated with new releases.

Thanks @CrystalGipsy.

For my edutainment, how can “Roon’s database” prevent playback? When the album appears within Roon correctly?

Are you referring to an “uber” database that Roon Labs maintains, or a local database maintained by my Core?

Sorry thought you meant it was not showing up in Roon. Thats what I was reffering to as they have to sync tidal updates to their local database for roon to find them,. If you refereing to a message that pops up when trying to play the album then this is most likely related to the same thing affecting lots of people using Tidal via Roon thats been going on since November, It might be Tidal related or Roon no-one seems to know, If not that sorry I have no idea.

I just got the same error myself when trying to play it and it came up with the same error as my post above. If you click play a few times it will eventually start it did for me after 4 goes,. its a real pain and only seems to show up for some releases and even then is very intermittent.

This is not an issue of getting an error message. I cannot even start playback at all. See above photos by original poster
Roon simply displays the word “Unavailable” (in red) above the track, in the exact same way that is does if, for example, a drive that contains your music goes down.

Is this a licensing issue that Roon made with Tidal? Brand new Tidal tracks have to be delayed before Roon playback?

Not that I know of and the same track plays for me ok, Im in the UK though. But certain tracks will have different rights management in different countries which could lead to the license for specific tracks not being available in that country. You get this on compilation albums a lot on Tidal they have half the album unavailable due to licensing issues.

As noted above, the track plays not only through the various Tidal apps, but also through Bluesound’s BluOS.
@support ?

And today it is available.
This isn’t critical, but I know I’ll have customers asking me the same questions, so I’d like to have an accurate answer as to why the delay.

Hi Paul,

We’re aware of these reports, and our QA team is actively trying to get this issue consistently reproducible, so our developers can resolve it.

Obviously, the intermittent nature of the issue makes this a bit trickier, but we’re optimistic that we’ll be able to get this pinned down soon.

Obviously, we can’t make commitments about when a release will contain a potential fix, but I wanted to confirm this is on our radar and actively being looked into. We appreciate everyone’s patience!

1 Like

Any more news on this @mike?

I too have had many instances of a song that is definitely available on Tidal but it stops playing in Roon (or doesn’t play at all) with the message that it’s “unavailable” in Tidal. As the message board for this bug is almost two years old, I assume that this issue hasn’t been fixed? I’m a relatively new subscriber to Roon but this is a deal breaker for me as it happens quite often.