Tracks advancing to next prematurely

I’m getting the same issues all day (while playing Bill Frisell albums on Qobuz), tracks advancing to next prematurely (i.e. from middle of track). I have Roon ROCK on a NUC8i7BEH, and streaming to a Naim NDX2, all via ethernet. I am not using DSP.

I never had this issue with Roon 1.7

OMG, this is really annoying and sucking the joy out of playing music. Is it possible to revert all this back to the prior version? Lesson learned, do not allow an update to run without vetting it first.

Hi @Dean_Wette,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does the same behavior occur if you play to System Output of a remote without any DSP settings enabled?

This problem really stinks. It just happened again while my wife and are trying to hear a new library addition from Qobuz. I haven’t tried this with my local file library to see if that also skips. It’s happening with Qobuz. I NEVER had this problem before 1.7, and it’s been a constant problem since the update.

I’m just going to find a different way to stream Qobuz to my Naim NDX2. Naim is going to add native Qobuz support. FWIW: I’m assuming this will get fixed, but it’s annoying enough that I will not renew Roon if it doesn’t.

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)
    ROCK on an Intel NUC8i7BEH, 250 GB M.2, 1 TB SSD for FLAC library
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    Gbit ethernet, Cisco 2960G switches, connected to Linksys Velop Mesh on a AT&T 300Mb fiber.
  • Audio devices in use
    Naim NDX2 network streamer, where I noticed problem so far. Also use a Squeezebox Touch as a bridge in home office.
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    13,329 tracks. Using Qobuz. About 400 GBs of FLAC audio stored on the NUC internal 1 TB SSD.

OK…this is really pissing me off. It’s done it four times in the time it took me to type this message, twice in this sentence alone. Please tell me how to get back to the old version!!!

One other thing: I want credit for my account until this is fixed, since it’s obvious I’ll need to bypass Roon to play anything and enjoy it.

Now I’m streaming using Chromecast from the Qobuz app on my iPhone to my Naim NSX2. No issues. Now I can listen to an entire track without it playing the next track before it finishes.

Hi @Dean_Wette,

Apologies for the frustration here, we are investigating this behavior. I have a few suggestions that would help us narrow down the cause of this issue, can I please ask you to:

1. Log out and back into Qobuz in Roon

2. Try playing to your ROCK’s HDMI zone in the background with no DSP (even if it has nothing connected to it)

3. Let me know if you notice the track skip abruptly on the HDMI zone and if it does, note the exact local time + date

4. Try to reproduce this behavior on your main listening zone and let me know the exact local time + date you notice it there

Thank you in advance for your assistance here and apologies once again for any frustrations.

OK. Thank you for responding. I logged out and back in on Qobuz, so – done – I’ll see how that goes.

I initially had no idea what you meant by a ROCK HDMI Zone but I figured it out. I started playing something but I’ll have no idea if it skips anything at anytime, since it’s not playing to anything I’ll hear. What do you suggest I do to determine this?

And people try to argue with me that analog (vinyl) is too complicated and a PITA. :rofl:

Hi @Dean_Wette,

Thanks for logging out and back in, let’s see if it helps.

If you notice the seek bar abruptly stop and move on to the next track, this would be a good indication that an issue occurred, please let me know this timestamp.

I would not spend too much time looking at the bar if you don’t have anything connected, just the usual amount of time it takes to notice issues on your main zone.

Then repeat this test for your main zone and let me know the timestamp if you notice an issue. Hopefully the Qobuz login/logout helped with the issue a bit but if not, I can take a look at diagnostics.

Thanks!

I hope the logout and login works too.

Honestly, I don’t watch the Roon UI while playing so if it skips I’ll likely miss being able to provide you any useful information.

FWIW: I appreciate you’re trying to help. I’m a software engineer like many of you there, and this starts to become too much like work, when Roon is supposed to be my escape from it, if you know what I mean. Now if you want me to be more enthusiastic about troubleshooting we can discuss bill rates. LOL.

P.S. while composing this – after re-authenticating with Qobuz – there were no skips. I’ll follow up if it happens again.

Since logging out Qobuz and logging back in, as you suggested, I have not experienced any skipped tracks so far. Hopefully, I can put that concern to rest. Thank you.

Hi @Dean_Wette,

Thank you for the update here, glad to hear that logging out and back in helped. If the issue re-occurs please do let me know, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.