Transitioning from Nucleus to Nucleus Titan - Technical Support Needed (ref#CA06GG)

Benjamin – thanks for jumping back in here to answer my questions. I just placed an order for the Nucleus Titan, so this transition will be a reality soon.

You write: Before making any hardware changes, be sure Roon Server is safely stopped (you can do this from the webUI) and then power down your Nucleus.
>Yes, I understand that, but a communication with someone at the Roon Store said it was very important not to Reset under Roon Database & Settings (on the webUI) until you’ve verified that everything is working correctly with the new Nucleus Titan. Once having shutdown the old Nucleus and set up the new Titan, will I be able to go back to the old Nucleus and Reset it (before sending it in for the trade-in)? You can’t have two Nucleus’ going at the same time, can you? Not sure how I would do that.

You write: It sounds like you’re wanting to swap both an external drive, as well as the internal music storage SSD. Is your local library split between the two?
>Yes, my music library is split between an internal SSD and an external USB drive connected to the Nucleus. After shutting down the Nucleus, I would then transfer the internal drive to the Titan and connect the external USB drive before proceeding to connect the Titan to the network and power it up. Is that correct?

You write: Once you’ve backed everything up, you can then start the restore process on the new Titan.

Here’s a step-by-step process that you may find helpful:

How to upgrade from Nucleus+ to Nucleus Titan Nucleus

**>The guide to the steps to transition from an older Nucleus to the Nucleus Titan is very helpful. And, it address an issue that the Migration Guide doesn’t talk about – which is updating the Nucleus Titan (it’s talked about elsewhere in Roon Knowledge Base, but not in the Migration Guide). I believe you need to do this step first before you restore from a backup. But please let me know if I’m wrong. **
And I very much second what this one user wrote: “It would be great to include a page from the QR code on the smoothest upgrade procedure for existing owners.”
Thanks again for your support as I go through this process.
– Mark