Trouble playing Radio Station

Hello
Same issue
Cannot get any internet radio. Only 1 successfully added and it won’t play. All others ( and I have tried some 15 from different locations) Roon states ‘can’t add for that url’
Tune In runs stations via Sonos without problem
Running a vortexbox tied back to a NAIM Uniti so would enjoy getting some decent overseas radio played back through hifi.

Advice welcomed - a valid url for TSF jazz would be welcomed. And how to delete the non working TSF station on the list

Thanks

The URLs I posted work … I tested them before posting. Please make sure there is no leading space when you paste the link.

Hi @ALASDAIR_FERGUSSON,

Can you share a screenshot of the URL that you are entering into Roon?

Dylan - thx for reply
Tried to send by email but rejected

Email in parts as restricted on what I can post :frowning:

Can play from browser, just not via Roon and thus NAIM.

Added TSF successfully but will not play, screenshot

Hope that makes things clearer

Alasdair

More links that were tried - TSF FIP loaf but don’t work

TSF jazz, http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s16492&formats=mp3,aac

FIP, http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s262533&formats=mp3,aac

And more

Others, e.g. bbc, http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_three.m3u8 just don’t work…

It’s possible that these problems are caused because your Core doesn’t have the correct codecs loaded. Can you share details of your Roon Core machine?

Hi @ALASDAIR_FERGUSSON,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you able to play other content besides this Internet Radio station to the VortexBox zone?

Hello Dylan,

Apologies for the slow reply, away for a couple of days.

Topology v. simple:
NAIM Uniti 2 as a hifi unit, turntable, external speakers.
Added the VortexBox late last year principally as a ‘server’ with CDs burned on it. A lazy option, but why not if audio quality same as using the NAIM player. Direct optical connect from the VortexBox to the Uniti. Ethernet connect from the VortexBox to domestic network.
VortexBox plays stored content to NAIM without problem.
I have a DAB in to the NAIM from an external aerial and FM. No issues. Spotify plays via Uniti directly.
Subscribed to Roon to control the VortexBox content and can also play that stored content over WiFi to SONOS devices elsewhere in house using Roon without problem.
Use Roon to control stored content playing on Uniti. Gave up on Tidal as too many really poor quality tracks, stuck with Spotify direct on the Uniti.
Lived in Europe and Middle East for 15 years so use internet radio.
I can play internet radio irrespective of location via Sonos and TuneIn or iPeng on slim devices.
Roon now offers a way for me to play that back over the Uniti using the VortexBox.
Except it doesn’t work, not clear why. No block on stations as can play on other devices, this is a Roon issue. TBH it isn’t supercritical but I would like to get this to work if possible. So any thoughts on why it’s not working welcome,

Best,

Alasdair

Hi @ALASDAIR_FERGUSSON,

If you play local content to the NAIM device via Roon do things work okay for you?

Can you describe your networking setup? What networking hardware is in use?

If you try playing internet radio directly to System Output of a remote does that work?

Martin,

Thanks - does this help?
VortexBox Info Version: 2.7
Model: VortexBox Nova
IP Address: 192.168.0.46
Serial Number: 00000000

Dylan,

Answers below

If you play local content to the NAIM device via Roon do things work okay for you? yes, no problem excepting the radio.

Can you describe your networking setup? What networking hardware is in use? Simple. SkyQ router, unhacked or changed, powerline to get to music room used devolo. Can play any internet radio from browsers on Mac or tunein or squeezebox around house.

If you try playing internet radio directly to System Output of a remote does that work? Not from Vortexbox as Roon doesn’t load the radio stations.

This link works for me with TSF Jazz.
http://broadcast.infomaniak.net/tsfjazz-high.mp3

Thanks Gary
Link works perfectly in browser
Roon doesn’t recognise it as a radio station.
Hoping for Roon to provide a fix!

I’m using it in Roon and it works. This is Roon core on a windows machine. I’ll have to test it at home on a Linux core as well.

Dylan,
See below,

If you play local content to the NAIM device via Roon do things work okay for you? Yes, direct optical connect and can play stored media without problem.

Can you describe your networking setup? What networking hardware is in use? There is a relatively high speed connection to house (80mBps wired, 50 on WiFi) and a Devolo wired extender with a rate of 532 indicated just now.

If you try playing internet radio directly to System Output of a remote does that work? There is no internet radio to play from Vortexbox as Roon doesn’t load stations.

So issue seems linked to Roon…

you should probably edit out your MAC address in this post.

Tested link at home on Roon core running on a linux server. Added link and played it. All worked within Roon.

And just in case, you are 100% sure that there is no leading “blank” before the http when you paste this in to Roon.

http://broadcast.infomaniak.net/tsfjazz-high.mp3

Hi @ALASDAIR_FERGUSSON,

As these radio stations are working on our end, as well as others in this thread, it sounds like there is something specific to your particular setup that is causing an issue with Internet Radio playback.

Moving forward, I’d like to suggest a test:

If you have another device that you could temporarily use as a Core machine, can you set up Roon on that device and try to play this radio station? How do things work with a different Core?