Trouble starting Radio with classical albums

Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out and provide an update on this issue:

We have been able to reproduce similar behavior in-house and the team has a ticket open with the development team regarding this issue and we are continuing to investigate. I can’t provide any specific timeframes at this time but we will be sure to update everyone ASAP.

2 Likes

Thnx for the update!

Have any users or Roon found a fix for this classical radio issue?

You are replying to a response from roon saying they are working on it and will let us know when they have one…

Dylan

I appear to be back to normal this morning with Roon Radio working as it should.

No change here. Did you do something on your end?

No Ernie. I will check it again tomorrow.

I’m afraid to say the fault is back this morning, must have been a ‘blip’ on one album.

Sorry, but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully the issue is still a priority for the team

Trevor, have you had any luck with the classical radio issue?

No still the same but strangely again this morning I tested it and it worked with one album but I wasn’t able to replicate it with anything else and when I tried the same album again it didn’t work.

Fine with all other genres apart from classical.

We shall have to be patient!

Thanks. I also have had a few brief episodes of success.

Dylan

This is getting odder. Every morning of late I have tested the issue by playing via Roon Radio and the first classical album I have tried works just fine but any subsequent album the same issue resurfaces even when playing the first album again. No problem with any other genres.

I have the same experience as Trevor.

Things seem to be getting better. I can start radio using classical albums most of the time. Using an artist still works only occasionally. Have you guys done something on your end. If so, thanks!

Still the same problem here most of the time although it occasionally seems to work. I am getting increasingly annoyed about this, it should not take this long to sort this out. Dylan, we need an update or have I wasted my lifetime subscription on a service that is not going to work 100%?

I have to agree with Trevor here. This is not an annoying inconvenience (i.e. slow searches, or screwed up metadata). This is the virtually complete loss of a function that was a key feature in me deciding to pay the subscription cost.

I don’t know if others have noticed a similar pattern. I cannot get radio on classical to start with a “multi-part” work. It seems to start fine with a “single-part” work.

Is this issue still being worked on?

OK Dylan, its over a month now and this problem still exists. As Ernie says this is a core part of the Roon offering not just slow running and I feel that we are, at least, entitled to expect an update by now. Can you let us know what is happening please.

1 Like