Trouble with NUC8i7BEH after latest update 1.0.221 [resolved]

I have exactly the same problem, on a brand new NUC8i7BEH. I’m still in my trial period.

I have it back up running. I did a bios update of the nuc, and after that I did a recovery of RoonOS (version 1.0 build 219)

The newest update is build 221, which adds support of NUC Gen 10. Roon asks me again to do this upgrade, but of course I won’t for now

1 Like

Hey @Sjaak_Biemans, would you mind to share hardware specs of your NUC (including SSD made/model) and BIOS version ?

Intel Boxnuc8I7Beh2 Nuc Pc/Workstation Barebone, I7-8559U, 2.7 Ghz Ucff, Bga 1528

Crucial CT8G4SFS8266, 8GB memory, DDR4, 2666 MT/s, PC4-21300, Single Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin

Transcend TS128GMTE110S 128GB M.2 2280PCIe Gen3x4 3D Ram

BIOS Update BE_0083 [BECFL357.86A]

Hi @Sjaak_Biemans,

Thanks for the details.

If you do update, can you try downloading the latest build of ROCK from our website and run the recovery procedure from that version? After doing so are you able to successfully run ROCK on the new version?

Thanks!

@dylan that did not work out. First I did the update on build 219, like I did this morning. This had ofcourse the same effect as earlier: no roon core to be found. I tried to recover Rock with your download with the latest build of rock, but that didn’t work. After that I returned to the build 219 download which i used last saterday when i first installed rock. I could recover Rock and Rock is now running again. But with the notification of an available update, which I don’t dare to touch again…