Troubles connecting to RoonServer when logging in to TIDAL

I am experiencing the same issue here as per the Thread Title, for the last probably almost 24 hours.
It also showed the pink Error notification on the Roon Remote momentarily before Roon Remote disconnects from the Roon Server.

I tried to troubleshoot by going through the process of the following:

1. Log out of Tidal (since I have Tidal account only)
  2. Close Roon Server on PC
  3. Restart PC
  4. Run Roon Server
  5. Using Roon Remote to log into Tidal

The moment I log into Tidal, the Roon Remote loses connection, and the Roon Server goes into a loop: Starting up, initialising, running, error.

I also tried reinstalling Roon Server, tried restarting my router, tried reinstalling my PC’s wifi adapter/driver, all these didn’t help at all.

The only time I was able to access Roon is when I managed to log out of Tidal AND I do not log into Tidal.

Hi @James_Song,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you have another machine that you can temporarily use as your Core? Does the same issue happen when you use the other machine with TIDAL?

@dylan

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)

Intel i5-4670, 8GB ram (4gb + 4gb), 2TB Hybrid HDD
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, OS Build 18362.535
Roon Core Version 1.7 (build 505) stable (64bit)
Roon Remote Version 1.7 (build 505) stable

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

Home Internet Service Provider: 1Gbps Optic Fibre
Home network = Linksys Velop Mesh Routing (WHW0303-AH)
Roon PC is connected via 5GHz.
Roon PC to Node is within 8 metres with line of sight.
Wireless Roon PC download speed is 360Mbps+, Upload speed is 400Mbps+

• Audio devices in use

T+A DAC 8 DSD

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Music library is stored on the C drive of the PC.
There are approx. 59000 tracks, 4509 albums in total (personal music library + Tidal)

@dylan

Update:

On the same PC as the Roon Core, I clean installed the Roon (Control+Core+Output), logged in on Roon and Tidal. It is running smoothly, everything was synced… UNTIL I clicked on restoring backup (9 Dec)… and now Roon crashes moments after showing the bottom GUI with “Error Loading Page” notification.

I presently do not have another PC to install another Roon Core to test the issue I currently faced with Roon Core + Tidal.

Hi @dylan, is the Roon team working on a solution for the issue I am currently facing?

Hi @James_Song,

Apologies for the delay here. The team is looking into this and we are hoping you could do the following:

1. Cause the crashing to occur once more
  2. Note the time that the crashing starts occurring and share that time in your local timezone with us here
  3. Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WafEJup19VYb7iGjT9XBJeof9Dpd2hRt?usp=sharing

Hi @dylan, I have uploaded my logs onto the link provided above this line.

I hope the logs helps. Do let me know if the logs aren’t accessible.

Thanks, @James_Song — The team is currently analyzing the logs that you’ve sent over.

In the meantime can you confirm whether or not you have backups of your Roon database from before this issue started?

Update — Just heard back from the team and, in the logs you shared, they’re seeing some issues with corrupt files that appear to be causing an issue. There may be other files as well, but as a start can you try moving this album out of the Roon watched folder and let us know if it helps?

Music\Yong\VA - Pure Crooners (2011) (4CD)

I can confirm that the backup was done before the issue started.
9 Dec back up successful, 10 Dec evening, everything went awry.

However after last night’s Roon update, everything went back to normal.
I will continue to monitor if the problem comes up again.

Side note: I take note of ‘Music\Yong\VA - Pure Crooners (2011) (4CD)’. Are there any other albums that the team may want to highlight to me that may possible cause more problems?

Hi @James_Song,

I’m glad things seem to have returned to normal for you now! If you see this issue return please let us know!

This is the only album we were seeing at the time, but there may be other albums that might reveal themselves as an issue after that is removed (if this does come back). So let us know if removing that helps if it returns and we can go from there, but you should be good to go moving forward after the update.

Thanks @dylan.

I will update this thread when an issue pertaining to Roon and Tidal integration surfaces.

BTW, so far it has been smooth sailing, except for a fact that my Roon Remote on iPad Mini 2 regularly disconnects or crashes ever since I start using Roon Server and Roon Remote.

Am wondering if it is due to the nature of wireless network connection (with almost maximum bandwidth and signal strength), or, the iPad Mini 2 is just too slow to communicate with Roon Server?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.