Two things ROON does that really annoys me

Let me start by saying that I Iove Roon and that I’ve been a lifetime subscriber since 2016.
However is not perfect and I reckon there’s still room for improvement.

So the purpose of this post is both to express two things that I really dislike and potentially to know if there’s a way to customise the settings in regards to how Roon operates.

First thing that bothers me a lot is that Roon doesn’t “remember” the position I was when browsing my Library. Let’s say I scroll down until I found something I like to listen and I press play. If then I decide to go back to the library to select something new it goes back to the beginning and it drives me crazy! Is there a setting to set to go back to were I was? This is something that many portable players easily do (Sony WM1A player for example)

The second thing I don’t really like (at least in it current version) is the Radio function. In my opinion it was better in previous versions since now I’ve noticed that it ALWAYS repeat the same sequence related to a specific album. It doesn’t seem “smart” at all. Is there a way to customise the way the Radio feature operates?

Cheers

PS. Apologies if this have been discussed previously, but the forums has grown so big that the search function is not reliable at all and I never found what I’m looking for.

Jorge

5 Likes

Another annoying problem, lost connection everyday. Trust me, if you listen Long enough it happens all the time. Takes about 15 minutes to find lost server

1 Like

I never have this issue.
I use Roon to serve music for about 4 hours per day on average.

Streaming using Qobuz.

This is not normal behavior. You should post in Support with all the details of your setup and issue.

1 Like

I’ve never have this issue either.

Can we please go back to the original post?

I don’t want people to start using my post to complain about their own problems. All I want is to know if there’s is a work around about what I’ve said or if others agreed in order for the Roon team to consider modifying the app.

Thank you

2 Likes

So I’ll utterly and thoroughly agree with your first point (position in a list / scrollable setting isn’t “sticky” when you go back).

2 Likes

There is a known bug in radio at the moment that they have replicated this behaviour and looking into it, I have noticed it plays the same songs from the same artists at the end of many sessions.

The scrolling behaviour you talk of I have never witnessed. I navigate albums find one I like click on it, then play hit back to look at more albums it’s where I was. If I click out and go to artists scroll add an album click back on albums from main menu it’s where it was when I left. So what your getting must be a bug specific to your remote device. It’s not standard behaviour. If the app closes or does disconnect and reconnect it will reset as this is a new session.

That’s very interesting CrystalGipsy.

No matter what remote I use, my phone, iPad or MacBook Pro, every time I go back to browse my Albums in the library it goes straight to the beginning of the scroll not were I left once I’ve selected something. How do I inform of this bug to the Roon team for them to fix it?

Create a thread in support, give them all details of your setup and tag with @support. May be it’s an iOS thing I think I remember seeing people mention this on iOs. I’m Android on my phone and it doesn’t do it there. But just tried my windows remote and it does exhibit this if I click to another section and then go back. If I browse click on an album and use the back arrow Roon provides it goes to where I was. So it does seem to be inconsistent if you don’t use their navigation controls which use a breadcrumb trail. How are you navigating back using Roons back button or swiping?

1 Like

Hi. I got a very detailed reply from Jamie regarding the radio issue, which I had started a thread on in the support channel.

1 Like

Do you use the backward and forward arrows < > – shown in the top menu band – to navigate back and forth?

If you take the route via “Home” and “Albums”, you’ll indeed land at the top of the library, but if you use those arrows you should Roon see remember the last library browsing position.

1 Like

Apologies, it wasn’t my intention…

Thank you Michael.

I wasn’t aware it was a known issue and that the team is working on it. That’s is fantastic news. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That’s great! For now on I’ll use the arrows to navigate back and forth. Thank you very much for the tip!

1 Like

That’s OK, no worries.

Had same issue. Turned out WiFi signal not strong enough. Added a mesh system and the problem was solved. Hope this helps. If you are using Ethernet cable different issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.