ultraRendu is here!

Here is a review from John Darko over at Digital Audio Review (DAR):

Nice review. I am still on the fence. But leaning.

1 Like

Iā€™m waiting for a shipping noticešŸ˜

will be interesting to see SQ diffs for those who have original MR/lps1 and have just
added the uptone iso regen into the chainā€¦vs new Ultrarendu/lps1

Urendu is in the house! its been powered up while Iā€™ve been at work. now listening. Its NOT a subtle improvement going from a mrendu to a Urendu!!!

My understanding is that the current microRendu is staying the same with the same price but you can get.a hardware upgrade to 1.4 if you pay for it?

Just installed the ultraRendu (upgrading from a microRendu).

Really quite impressed by the upgrade. Itā€™s not night and day but very noticeable (even after only a couple of hours listening).

More solidity and texture coupled with more detail and separation (the latter being the most noticeable change on my headphone system - it just sounds more assured enabling you to hear more of whatā€™s going on with the music).

iā€™m one of those MR owners who is undecided as to either send in my device for the 1.4 upgrade or to sell it and start fresh with an Ulrarendu.

and as an additional scenario, a question: would adding in an iso regen enhance the SQ still furtherā€¦or is redundant.

An Uptone Regen would be redundant.

thank you.

Completely disagree.

1 - he is talking about ISO Regen. Not just Regen

2 - do you have the ISO Regen? I do

I am referring to the USB Regen from Uptone. I have one of those, not the newer variant.

That said, why donā€™t you provide your thoughts on how performance is improved to @j_c

What do you see as being improved? Iā€™d be interested in your feedback.

The guy (j_c) specifically asked about ISO Regen. Not the Regen. See above. I already provided my impressions on the ISO Regen (used with microRendu). On its thread here:

Also, there is an entire very popular thread over at CA on ISO Regen impressions. So many people:

1 Like

Thanks for the background. Iā€™ll take a look a it. Hopefully @j_c can make his decision on whether on not an ISO Regen would benefit him.

Personally Iā€™m going to wait on the rebuilt Rendu, which will do Ethernet to l2s. If it supports native DSD 512 and PCM 768 then I think it will be a better option for my DAC (Holo Audio Spring) than USB.

There is no plan to rebuild the original Rendu and Signature Rendu to support those rates. The new Signature Rendu SE is Ethernet to USB output.

SONORE computer audio - ultraRendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

1 Like

Pulled he trigger on the ultraRendu! Exciting times!

In that particular setup, it will replace a ā€œregularā€ SOtM SMs-200, which I like, but I am thinking the ultraRendu will bring that system to the next level.

If using the ultraRendu, is it beneficial to add an ISO Regen to the chain, or redundant?

1 Like

Even if it were I might leave it a while so you can properly appreciate any difference.

You mean the ISO Regen or the sms-200?

Leave the Regen out, do a straight swap with the Ultrarendu.