Unable to Access my Roon Library since version 2.0 installed

Hey @Graham_Cox,

Happy holidays to you as well! I hope you were able to enjoy some time with friends and family.

Digging back into this, I did want to mention that I think it’s still worth getting in touch with one of the Roon dealers in your area to come take a physical look at things. Even though you haven’t done business with them in a while, I’m sure they’d be able to offer some sound advice (no pun intended!)

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the EE switch, so it’s hard to think that could be the source of the issue. Is there any option to test this (without using a coupler - these are prone to failure, unfortunately) by hardwiring both the Innous and the Mac Book directly to your router?

I’d also completely unplug the EE switch and power cycle it if possible.

This is primarily because you aren’t able to connect to your core and access your Roon settings on the Macbook. To get your Macbook updated in this case, you’ll need to select your Macbook as the core and then head into settings>About and you’ll see the option to update.

After doing that, you can disconnect from the Macbook by heading to Roon Settings>General>Disconnect. Let me know what you see after doing this.

Hi Ben,
My hi-fi dealer sorted me out today. He could not get Roon to work properly on the Apple laptop but I have a windows laptop too and he installed it there and it seems ok now and playing through the hi-fi. It cost me money to get this sorted (more than the annual Roon subscription) but at least it is done after more than 3 months since it stopped working after attempting to install the v2.0 release.
Thank you and the other guys for doing your best to help with what was a very frustrating process. I now have an expensive redundant Apple laptop to get rid of.
I will, however, be testing everything fully this week and will keep an eye on updates as and when they occur to make sure that both the pc and the Innuos are being kept up to date. If not then I may be in touch again.
Graham

1 Like

Hey @Graham_Cox,

Ah, thanks for the update! I didn’t realize you had another device you could test things out on. That certainly makes things even more interesting if your windows device is able to connect to your Innous.

I’ll keep this thread open for now just incase you run into additional hiccups. All things aside, I’m happy to hear you’re back at it with your music!

Happy listening :notes:

Hi Ben,
Yes I should have mentioned that I have a windows laptop because as soon as Roon was installed on there, everything seemed to work just fine.
The only problem now is that I have to undertake all the metadata amendments again. I will really have to figure out how to backup this work when I have done it.
Kind regards
Graham

Hey @Graham_Cox,

This shouldn’t be the case. Since your Innous is still acting as your core, setting up your windows laptop as a remote should load your saved library. Does Roon look fresh out of the box for you?

I completely agree! Luckily it isn’t difficult to set up. Here is more information:

Thanks Ben,
Interesting point about the metadata because I note that some of the albums have the metadata additions that I made before but others haven’t so it’s a mixed bag. I am working on the changes alphabetically and have reached D so far.
I will look at the backup section you have highlighted once I have completed the metadata work.
Thanks again for your advice and help.
Graham

1 Like

Hey @Graham_Cox,

I wanted to check in on your status to see how things are going?

Thanks!

Hi Ben,
Many thanks for following up. Pleased to say that everything still working fine since changing from Apple Mac to a windows PC - definitely Roon seems to like the windows format a lot better and updates are being installed on both the laptop and Statement so no longer getting any discrepancies there.
I didn’t install the most recent update as we were changing broadband suppliers that day and I did not want to tempt fate but as soon as the little box appears again to advise the update is available, I will install it.
Many thanks again for all your help in sorting that problem out but I think using Apple computers is not a good Roon match.
Graham

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.