Unable to install Codecs

Hi,
I’m a new user to Roon and just setting up dedicated ROCK OS core. I’ve built a NUC7i5BNH and successfully installed ROCK and accessed ROON OS. I’ve followed the instructions to add ffmpeg using the johnvansickle.com site via a windows 10 pc using 7-zip to open the zipped folder. I’ve copied the file into the rock/data/codecs folder. The file is: ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar
When I reboot the Roon OS (via the red button on the OS page) it reboots but continues to show MISSING CODECs in red. I’ve done this numerous times, rebooting, deleting and re-copying the file to no avail!
Help!!

Thanks,
Dave

Hi,

You need to uncompress the tar file after copying it over.

Checkout:
Roon Knowledge Base: Roos OS Missing Codecs

And also this topic:

1 Like

Thanks - yes I did decompress it using 7-zip and then copied over the .tar file to the CODECS folder. NOT the .tar.xz.
Dave

If you got just ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar you need to open this with 7-zip again because it’s a bit like an archive within an archive. Then you should see quite some files with ffmpeg being the one you need to extract and put into the Codecs folder.

See also:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_OS_Missing_Codecs

2 Likes

Thanks Chip, Ratbert - I’ve just done that and it works a treat. Sneaky…
BR
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.