Unable to login to Qobuz via Roon [Roon is investigating]

Roon optimized core on a Microsoft NUC. Says latest version installed.

Today Qobuz selections would not play. At first said they titles were unavailable at this time. Then it said I needed to sign into Qobuz. Tried and got an unexpected error and said to check my account settings. Rebooted the core. Same issue. Logged into Qobuz directly. Working with their support they suggest a password change. Changed my password and get the same error.

Started up my Tidal account. Logged on and playing with no issues.

Try another full server reboot, may kick-start it.

Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience here. On the surface this appears to be a connectivity issue between Roon cores and the Qobuz infrastructure that handles authentication for third-party integrations (which is different from the infrastructure used by the Qobuz app).

We aren’t convinced that this is an issue with Roon even through a core reboot appears to clear the fault and are investigating internally.

Until we know for certain we cannot comment further on the nature of the actual fault. It does appear that a restart of your Roon core provides a workaround and will resolve the issue for most people.

5 Likes

I did shutdown again and instead of a 10 to 15 second wait to power back up. Waited several minutes. After booting back up I was able to log in to Qobuz. Frustrating bug after working straight for 7 months without a glitch.

These things happen with cloud based services. As a comparison, I believe xbox sign in has been down for three days.

Roon Core Machine

I am using a Roon Nucleus controlled by a Dell PC.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

We are using a Netgear ProSafe switch that then connects to a Paul Pang Audio Switch which the Roon Nucleus and Auralic Aries Streamer are plugged into.

Connected Audio Devices

The DAC is a Tambaqui by Mola Mola and is connected via USB.

Number of Tracks in Library

Only about 20 albums in the music library.

Description of Issue

The system used to work pretty seamlessly, but now when I open the Roon app, it tells me that I’m not logged into Qobuz. When I enter my username and password (which work on the Qobuz website), it tells me “There was an unexpected error, please check you account details (not found).”

Reboot your roon server

Thanks, that fixed my Qobuz music playing via Roon.

Thanks Ged. I turned off/on the Roon Nucleus, and now all good.

1 Like

Truly happy for those who are getting this resolved. I wish it would fix mine too :pray: Tried everything I know. But still no luck. Hopefully Roon and Qobuz can figure it out soon. I miss my Qobuz a lot!

Some posts above seem to indicate using the e-mail address (that you used to signup Qobuz) instead of Qobuz account name to login, have you tried that after logout and reboot?

3 Likes

Yes I did try that the other day. It just caused Roon to crash :disappointed_relieved:
But I just did it again and it took. Oh happy days!
Thank you so much Peter and the forum.

To summarize what may be tried when experiencing a Qobuz login issue:

1. Reboot the device running Roon Core

2. If that still does not work, try logging out, reboot Roon Core, then log in with Qobuz e-mail instead of Qobuz username, and vice versa

3. If that still does not work,

• Logout of Qobuz in Roon
  • Stop Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Rename the /Cache folder to /Cache_old
  • Reboot your Roon Core and then Login to Qobuz (using e-mail or username)
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.