Unable to Play Audio on Roon - "Audio refused to switch to Roon" message (ref#GM341P)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Interface & Usability

Description of Issue

I love Roon - almost always works great. Today when I tried using it, I had problems. First I got the message: “Starting playback on your Audio device. This may take a moment.” And after a pause, I got the message “Audio refused to switch to Roon.” I have reloaded/updated software, multiple reboots, etc. This is driving me nuts. (I realize how incredible dependent I have become on Roon!) Any help you can provide me to resolve this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. I have a lifetime membership, but if it will expedite resolving technical issue, I am glad to pay an additional service charge. I just want this fixed as soon as possible. Many thanks, - Christian Anfosso

Roon Server Platform

Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

Roon Server Specifications

RC7 Roon Server

Connected Audio Devices

Ayon Audio SH10

Home Network Details

Ethernet

Try turning off and back on your DAC and sound system. Seems like it is stuck on use of something other than Roon.

Thank you Jim, but I already tried that multiple times with no luck. This problem began after the recent software update that occurred after Roon was acquired by Harman International. Perhaps the timing is coincidental with another hardware problem, but that seems extremely unlikely to me. (And I have already begun follow up with USA Tube Audio to troubleshoot the Ayon Audio S10 media player I purchased from them.) Kind regards, Christian

Hi Christian,

Please read this support thread in full as it may be relevant to you