Unable to play Tidal songs in Roon

Hi @dylan,

I am also unable to play Tidal songs in Roon although I am am able to play my non-Tidal tracks in Roon and I can also stream Tidal through the Tidal app.

I have not seen anywhere in the community discussions that mention a fix. Is there support for this issue?

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

Hello @Scott_Hastings,

I’m so sorry that your post happened because of an issue. We’d love to help.

Two things we could try that might help are:

1. Logging in and out of TIDAL in Roon:
  • Navigate to Settings → Services and log out of TIDAL
  • Restart your Roon Core
  • Log back into TIDAL in Settings → Services
  1. Clear the TIDAL cache:
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Thanks in advance.

Also, sharing the information @Carl has asked for (thanks @Carl) would help all the more in case the above steps don’t help.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rebeka. Unfortunately, that didn’t help. My tracks from Tidal show up on the screen but do not play.

Hey @Scott_Hastings,

I cannot apologize enough for missing out on your reply until today :see_no_evil:

I was wondering, is there anything we can do to help today instead? :nerd_face: