Unable to see/access server media folder after ROCK server upgrade

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock, latest build as of today. 1.7 build 610, server and client.

USB storage plugged in and used as my storage for music.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired straight to switch. All working normally.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to SOtM SMS Ultra, SW1X DAC, amp, etc downstream of there, not related to this issue. This is all working fine.

Description Of Issue
Last week I updated the Roon ROCK server to the latest build available. It needed to be recovered as there was an issue (covered elsewhere in the forum). I was given (by Roon support) an image to restore to and I was back in business.

I noticed I couldn’t access the media folder as I usually would.

Today, Roon prompted me to upgrade the server again and I let it, landing on the latest build as of today.

I still can’t access the media folder as I usually would.

Everything plays fine, I just can’t access the server as I usually would to add music.

Please advise

Hi @Chris_Donnan,

Is there any change in behavior if you try to reboot your ROCK via the WebUI?

Are you able to access your Storage location from another PC (if you have one)?

I had tried that earlier and it had no effect. I tried again. No difference again.

Between reboots, I had plugged in a 2nd blank USB stick, which it recognised fine and I had normal access to. In the Storage directory.

With this reboot, and the 2nd blank USB stick plugged in, ROCK would not boot. I had to remove the 2nd USB stick (which works fine and was formerly plugged in).

OK. I tried from an Android device and I cold see and access the folder contents. From my MacBook pro (Catalina), I cannot.

EDIT: also, rebooting my Macbook has had no effect.

I find it extra odd that 1 USB stick (the one I unplugged) is browsable from the Mac and 1 is not. This is especially so given that it is all working fine…

EDIT 2: The MacOS has not changed for a long time. The only changes have been the upgrades to the server Roon version discussed.

OK, I was able to connect (and see/edit the mounted USB stick) by using cifs://rock instead of smb://rock.
(found here)

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Donnan,

Thanks again for the report. I have been discussing this one with the team and we’re looking further at this issue in the QA lab.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.