Unable to use 'Copy/Paste' when editing Version

I’m in the process of editing the ‘Version’ field of multiple albums, and I don’t seem to be able to use copy/paste when entering this data. Is this a known issue? It would certainly simplify the job of entering the same data for multiple albums in a series (‘RVG Edition’, for example).

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @mcannon39 — Thank you for the report. Can provide some insight as to what your setup is like and what gear you are working with, as seen here.

Thanks!
-Eric

You can certainly use copy and paste in the Version field (at least in Windows), I do it all the time. Go to the Version field, type something in the field and either 1. Manually highlight and Ctrl-V or 2. Click off to the side, what you typed will now be displayed in the version section, click on the field again and it will auto-highlight all text and then hit Ctrl-V.

Hi Michael,

Also, when you say you’re editing multiple albums, are you selecting them first and making the edit to all the albums at once? Did you know that you can? It would make the copy/paste kind of irrelevant.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Excellent, learn something new everyday.

Thanks so much for the quick responses, guys! They certainly helped.

I am using Roon version 1.2 (build 161) on a Windows 10 PC. I was attempting to right-click the empty Version field, and expecting an options menu to pop up (as it usually does in Windows) to allow me to paste my data into the field. I was unable to do this, but per Daniel’s suggestion, I am now able to copy the data into this field using Ctrl-V.

Also, Greg - your suggestion to edit multiple albums at a time has been VERY helpful. I figured there was a way to do this, but had no idea how to do it. Now I know… :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like