Uncertified devices

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Lenovo Yoga 920 / Intel i7 2GHz/ 16 GB RAM / Windows 10 / 500 GB SSD / Roon v. 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Internet connection Fiber 1000/100 Mb/s (d/u). Router throughput (firewall) 890 Mb/s. ASUS Router. HP Procirve 1800-24G GB switch. Everything wired dit CAT 8 TP-cables.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

System 1: RJ45 - Auralic Aries G1 with latest firmware - Transparent Audio Coaxial Cable with RCA termination alt Curious Cables USB B - Peachtree Nova 500 with latest firmware - Nordost Purple Haze w Banana terminations - Martin Logan Impession 11A.

System 2: RJ45 - Bluesound Node w latest firmware - Audiopro wireless Dongle - Audio Pro LV33

Description Of Issue

The Roon system claims that both devices are uncertified while the Roon webpage and the manufacturers webpage claims they are certified. (Pls refer to enclosed screenshot).

How long does one normally have to wait on some sort of response from Roon support?

I filed a support issue 9 days ago and have not gotten any form of life sign.

Disappointed.

What’s your experience?

Usually it’s within a working day, and often much faster than that. Looking at your post, your question was about why devices were showing up in Roon as uncertified, while the Roon Labs pages describe them as certified.

This is normally nothing to worry about. See this post as to why:

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum @Reinhold_Konnander

If you need support, type the word support in your post with the @ (AT) symbol in front of it and it flags them that you need help.

But just to be clear, the Support team are also notified automatically by every new topic post that is made here in the Support category - it’s not necessary to flag them with the @ function.

Strange why his original support request post dated October 31 in the support thread was overlooked. I’ve always been contacted within 24 hours…

Was it around the time of the Catalina car crash? The team might have got distracted? And, although Reinhold wasn’t to know, the error wasn’t a showstopper. But you’re right - normally the team respond within 1 working day or less.

1 Like

Usually, I’ll flag support for other (NEW) users getting frustrated by not getting help. Since they don’t know the ropes, I’ll try to help them if I can, but if its something I’m not familiar with, I’d just as soon they get the right answer from the Roon team. It’s just as likely that the new users will walk away if they get left hanging too long.

Hi @Reinhold_Konnander,

Please accept our sincere apologies here — Generally, we will try to respond to Support requests within 1 business day, often sooner as mentioned above, but this one slipped by us and for that we apologize.

As long as things are working for you, typically seeing Uncertified shouldn’t be an issue and once the certification is complete and there is an update this will update itself.

If you have any questions please let us know, and sorry again.

-Dylan

Thanks guys!

Highly appriciated.

@support @dylan:
Thank you for your kind reply. I realise that there may be delays from when a certification is issued until a new software release will “flag” it as certified. But both my devices (please refer to original post) has been certiifed for quite some time and certainly for several releases.

I know it isn’t a show stopper and I am fine with that but I would like to understand what could be wrong and what I can do to fix it.

Kind Regards

Reinhold

Hello @Reinhold_Konnander,

Please send us a set of diagnostic logs so that we can investigate this issue further.

In Roon, go to the Menu > Support > “I’ve already talked to support” screen and click “Save Support Package”.

Once you have done this, upload the logs to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and post a link here. Please be sure to turn on “sharing by link”, instructions on how to do so for Dropbox can be found here and for Google Drive can be found here.

-John

HI John,

Please find the file here.

Kind Regards

Reinhold

Hi Dylan!

I hope this is what you asked for. If not please let me know and I will make sure you get the right stuff straight away.

Kind Regards

Reinhold

Thanks, @Reinhold_Konnander — I’ve passed the logs along to the team and I’ll be sure to follow up as soon as I have their feedback.

@dylan @support
The update to 1.7 solved the problem as you suggested.

Case closed :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you for your kind help.
Reinhold

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.