Uncertified Roon Ready devices announcement

See Volvo and their emissions testing scandal.

It’s one thing to falsely advertise, a whole different thing to pass off your products as having passed a certification built to create trust for which it was not… before you start saying Roon is not the EPA – it was your analogy, I just ran with it.

1 Like

@danny Just to clarify, this all only effects network devices, right? All USB connected DACs, be they Roon Ready or not, and Airplay devices will work like normal after 9/21 and can be enabled or disabled freely?

And what about going through HQPlayer (@jussi_laako), how does the new scheme effect that?

It is Roon Ready operation of RAAT connected devices that claim certification but are as yet uncertified. Nothing in your list is affected by that. USB connections are unaffected. HQPlayer isn’t RAAT.

Thanks, I have no idea what RATT is! I’m wondering if HQPlayer is the enabled device in Roon, and then HQPlayer is network connected with a SOTM Neo, or Rasberry Pi, or whatever network gizmo, and all of that is connected to a non Roon Ready DAC (I have Border Patrol), does any of that matter in terms of the new protocol?

The article about RAAT is here.

ok, announcement:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-fix-for-uncertified-roon-ready-devices/120426

let’s go move the conversation there since I think this will fix everyone.

2 Likes