Unexpected Error: UnexpectedError at Login, connecting to Roon 1.8 Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core 1.8 running on Windows 10, on a Pachanko Mini Constellation SE

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Server is directly connected to a TP-Link AC1200 Router in Range Extender mode, extending a home wi-fi network. I’ve tried connecting with 1.8 clients on both an iPhone and a Windows 11 laptop with the same result. Both are joined to the extended wi-fi network created by the AC1200 router.

Connected Audio Devices

The server is connected to a network player / LAN DAC called a Sforzato DSP-030.

Number of Tracks in Library

About 50 tracks in the library, in AIFF format.

Description of Issue

I have created a new Roon account under the email songer.audio@gmail.com, and I am able to log into that account on the Roon site. I am using the legacy 1.8 client, and on both Windows laptop and an iPhone it does successfully find the 1.8 Roon Core running on the Pachanko server. When I choose it in either client, I am prompted to log in. I provide my credentials, and receive the error message, and can’t connect. Screenshot is shown below.

Hey @Ken_Songer,

Thanks for letting us know! We’re not able to connect to your core to review diagnostics, could you please reproduce the issue and use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

Thanks!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: getting unexpected error message when setting up core on pc

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.