Unintended volume acceleration returns

following up from my previous thread around unintended volume acceleration - i have done everything suggested in the thread linked below and its just done it again - volume limits saved the day.

It occured on my Sony Xperia 1 and repeated again and again - even after turning the Naim Uniti Atom OFF so its hard to believe the issue is caused by the Uniti Atom?

Is there anyway to get logs or diagnostics on this to try and diagnose the issue?

… After turning the Naim Uniti Atom back on to watch TV its volume is still full, i turn it down with its remote, it accellerates, i check to see what Roon is doing and it seems to be driving it up - with the Roon app open on my phone and having TV/HDMI selected as source it still forces the volume to full everytime, the only way i can regain control of the volume control is to close Room app?

I am reaslly curious if anyone else has experienced this type of issue?

Based on the last thread the finbger was pointing in the direction of Naim but i no longer think that is fair …i have just changed my mobile (sony Xperia 1 iii) and its happened again only this time the Naim Uniti Atom was not affected only teh bluesound flex i had set up in a group with the Naim ??? I managed to resolve the issues by closing the android app and starting again.

This looks like a Roon issue given its happened to me on 2 different end points with 3 different controllers!!!

Hey @LittleLionCub,

Could you please recreate the issue, and take note of the date, time, and device it is occurring on? From there, share that information here and we’ll enable diagnostics to take a closer look.

With that, how is your core connected to your router? How are your endpoints connected to your core?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

this issue isnt repeatable on demand im afraid.

fwiw the core is connected to an unmanaged switch hanging off the back of my primary node of a mesh network - this is doing the routing - i have 3 other mesh nodes all connected via ethernet through that switch - my end points are usually connected via ethernet.

Is the diagnostics enabled by default or not? i ask as the intermittant nature of the fault would make it harder to fault find if not.

Hey @LittleLionCub,

We’ll need a specific date and time of when the issue occurred to better track down what might be going on at the time of the issue.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :pray:

Its just done it again, 3 minutes ago on a new Naim Qb 2 - Thats 11:24am GMT
I solved it by exiting the Roon App

How do you want to proceed with diagnostics?

Here we go again, - volume acceleration to 100 on Naim Unit Atom, Sunday 29 Jan 22:18 GMT - i was using Sony Xperia 1 iii running Android app and was adjusting volume when it ran away with itself - i had to unplug the Atom

Then immediatly afterwards the volume on a grouped Naim Mu so Qb2 ran away with itself to 100% i had to popwer that off - interestingly there is another Naim Qb 2 in that group that didnt run away with itself - so as i am typing this with nothing playing i checked to see where the volume was on the 3rd node and it then runs up to 100% i opull it down and just uns away with itself.

Can someone please investigate this as its getting silly now.

Hey @LittleLionCub,

Thanks for providing more details! I did want to let you know we’ve spent a long time investigating this issue with many attempts at reproducing. We’re in the process of getting a fix ready for release, but are still tracking and testing new information as it comes in, so thank you again for taking the time to follow up with crucial time stamps around the issue.

A good next step in the meantime would be to grab a set of logs from your Android device for investigation:

• follow the steps in this guide to enable ADB logs on your Android device
  • reproduce the issue once again
  • when it happens, please share with us the local date and time (the timestamp)
  • after you’ve ran into the issue, could you please grab a set of logs and zip up the entire folder
  • zip up the set of Android logs (ADB logs)
  • upload both Roon logs and Android logs to our drive

Thanks, Ian!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.